NC Lottery

Spartan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With 35% required to go to education, it might limit the pay outs. News articles have been questioning whether this will mean less winnings, therefore fewer players, therefore fewer total dollars going to education from the lottery.

Personally, I had mixed feelings about the lottery. I will never play, except maybe once a year for the helluvit, but I am glad the money will go to NC schools rather than SC schools.

I think if the compromise rules that got it passed here mean that there is slightly less playing of it here, then I think that is fine.

My hope is that we'll be able to fund scholarships like Georgia has. Georgia people can correct me if I'm wrong, but from people I've talked to, those scholarships have become a big impetus for kids to keep up their grades.

The logo is a little basic, but it looks nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Right now you made money. As the months and years go by, you only win your money back later on. :D

My dad is one of those people trying to win back money. Hes been playing the NY Lotto forever. His main complaint while living in Charlotte for a short period was Lotto and how quiet it was.

Archived