Hangzhou [2] Skyscrapers & Gardens

hkskyline

Hangzhou is not short of pedestrianized markets either.

HGH02-S03-003.jpg

HGH02-S03-007.jpg

HGH02-S03-009.jpg

HGH02-S03-010.jpg

HGH02-S03-012.jpg

HGH02-S03-017.jpg

HGH02-S03-019.jpg

HGH02-S03-020.jpg

Try navigating these streets :

HGH02-S03-023.jpg

HGH02-S03-036.jpg

HGH02-S03-055.jpg

HGH02-S03-056.jpg

Hangzhou's streets are lined with trees. It's quite a green garden city.

HGH02-S03-045.jpg

Even the farmers' houses are uniquely designed. It looks like the general level of wealth is pretty high for them to build like this.

HGH02-S03-065.jpg

Keep Hangzhou clean!

HGH01-S02-193.jpg

The water doesn't seem too deep.

HGH01-S02-153.jpg

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to sit down and enjoy the scenery and greenery at all.

HGH01-S02-180.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The farmer's houses are typical for the Hangzhou area only. The guide told us they are quite wealthy, but a lot of the top floors are empty because they are simply too big for a farmer's family. The ornaments at the top are indications of status and age. I think the richest ones have circular tops with balls like the Oriental Pearl Tower in Shanghai. The number of balls indicate how old the house is.

The farmer's houses are typical for the Hangzhou area only. The guide told us they are quite wealthy, but a lot of the top floors are empty because they are simply too big for a farmer's family. The ornaments at the top are indications of status and age. I think the richest ones have circular tops with balls like the Oriental Pearl Tower in Shanghai. The number of balls indicate how old the house is.

That's very interesting. Not sure if I've heard of anything quite like that. Thanks for the info. :D

Archived