Saks in Nashville?

brownhound

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that's at least two grapevine rumors for Green Hills. I heard Bloomingdales was looking at the Hechts for the Green Hills store, and I know the management has one more major anchor up his sleeve. Saks would be a good one, even though my heart (and wallet) would still be at Marshall's (lol). This could be some of the interesting news we get in 2006, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

A friend of mine up there told me a while ago that the expansion was planned with an eventual hotel on top in mind. This was a few years ago though. Did the area get a UDO? If so, would it allow an eight story structure?

There are two or three structures around the mall that are multiple (6 or more) stories. I see no problem at the city level getting a high rise, or mid rise, hotel. The place where a problem would be is the residents perhaps. But even those folks wouldn't raise too much of a stink I would think. I can clearly see one tower in particular that is around 10 floors just a little north and west of the mall I believe. It is an old person high rise I believe.

Could that rumor you heard be a part of the WES???

Could that rumor you heard be a part of the WES???

It wasn't WES. Seems like the hotel was announced by the owners of the mall when they first announced the multi-phase expansion several years ago (In a later phase). I heard it was to go right on top of the mall. However, I got the details second-hand, and I don't think an operator had been identified.

That retirement tower has been there for a while. I was just curious if a recently passed UDO applies to the mall and whether or not there are new height restrictions.

Ohhhh, I see now. That is a good question that I am not able to answer. Perhaps Dave or someone can help out on this one.

But. It seems like I read where the Hillsboro Road corridor was considered a commercial artery, by the city, that can have structures that would be considered mid-rise by most. I may be wrong on that though. Take it with a grain of salt.

• 2 weeks later...

It has been rumored that the Mall at Green Hills would soon be announcing a new anchor. SAKS would be my choice for a new anchor in Green Hills. If Federated would just get off their Macy's kick and see that a Bloomingdales makes better business sense at Green Hills you'd then see a major shopping area for the region - one that could reach as far as Birmingham, Louisville, Memphis and Knoxville.

Archived