Goodbread Hills replacing Ebony Gardens

EbonyGardens

Most of us knew that Ebony Gardens would take a long dirt nap, based on the bad rep and age. I'm probably the only one that thinks putting a mixed residential community in place of Ebony Gardens is still a bad idea. Frenchtown, although cleaned up over the years is still seen as Tallahassee's criminal headquarters, the area still having the highest crime rate in the city. I think the criminal element should be 100% gone before anything is built in place of the Gardens. The drug dealers and street people could easily make Goodbread Hills into another Ebony Gardens. I used to stay in the area for much of my life so I'm well aware of Frenchtown's dark days.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You may have a good point EG... I think part of the reason for making things new in Frenchtown is to push the crime out. You and I both understand the crime isn't going anywhere over night, but new projects do push crime further away. I'm with you, yet, I won't let criminals stand in the way of progress.

And you shouldn't. But at the same time, the criminal element strikes at night, they aren't stupid enough to do their dirt in the day; because they don't want any heat. My thing is, an area shouldn't have to get worse before it gets better. Once the mixed residence is up and running, the criminals could be like 'hey, we got us a new house to set up shop'

Please do. I'd get over there myself... but it doesn't feel right without my buddy Aessotariq around. He's been offline since Wilma... trying to pull things in his life back together. Each of these Subforums needs someone who is very dedicated to seeing them succeed. I am ABSOLUTELY dedicated to this Tallahassee forum. I think at one point Tampa had someone, but I'm not sure.

Giving a tribute to one of the first homes I ever had when my parents and I came to Tallahassee in 1980. That was the first spot I stayed. Yes it was Tallahassee's version of Cabrini-Green with all the drug trafficking & violence but there were good people that stayed there, but the Democrat focused mainly on the bad aspects. LOL@Mt. Macomb.

The paper tends to do that when its on a mission. Although the Democrat has recently started to get its act together in terms of reporting the news, it has long been on a mission to tranform Tallahassee into a different type of city. I like the direction they're taking us. I've learned quite a bit reading that paper.

Archived