five 22 story towers still reality

doormanpoet

The site location is on the stretch of Woodland Street near the nightclub 615. According to bidclerk.com, the project is still active. William is going to do some more research on this hopefully for a story. Keep tuned in for it. There is a map of the site. Go to bidclerk.com and it is on page 32 of the Tennessee subsection, July 2005.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like how it shows all of the best lighting schemes: BellSouth Building, L&C, Suntrust, AmSouth, James K. Polk, Snodgrass, and still be able to fit in the capital. I sure am jealous of the future residents of these towers.

This would be the EXACT view form 9 floors up in one of the towers. I took it from a overhang on the Days Inn right off the Interstate there. LOL!! I was squeezed between a 100 foot drop and the windows. Freezing my arse off no less. LOL!!!!! :shades:

I like the location because it would expand the skyline, but like doorman i would like to see them beef up downtown before they move out the area.

I too would like to see the focus remain on the core, but this is the development potential that lay on the east side of the river bank. It is obviously there already just waiting for the right developer. These would give awesome views of gameday Sunday's at the Coliseum.

The pinpoint location of this project does raise some questions. The street map is quite detailed even showing the interstate ramps. This property is on the south side of Woodland in an area of Coliseum parking where the old Gerst House stood. In the immediate block to the west is the Juvenile Justice Center. It's the area of parking lot that's currently used during the week for the ParkIt! shuttle for downtown workers. This would be a fine place for some dense development...except of course on game days when, for several hours on an occasional Sunday, one would be pretty much hemmed in by the game activity. Will be interesting to see if to see if some of Bud's parking is actually open to development. I certainly hope it is. There's always been talk of the large parking lots being used for various developments.

As I had told The Doorman when I was reviewing the post on bid clerk, the maps at the Bidclerk site sometimes show general locations and sometimes show exact locations. I was still curious about the project and noticed that each project had a map location and a satellite image. When I mentioned this to him I also stated that the property in question changed hands earlier in the year just before this was posted on Bidclerk and we were all mystified as to where it could be. I guess we can let the hounds loose on this one and see if we can verify any of the rumors.. Thanks for posting this one.

I'm really not too familiar with the area across the river, but how close is this development to 5th and main? i thought i remember 5th and main being somewhere across the bridge....but i could be making that up.

I believe it is two or three blocks away.

If you know where the Shoney's is, then it would sit right behind there. If you are looking from Shoney's then the towers would be between there and downtown sitting off Woodland in between the Woodland st bridge and the James Robertson bridge.

This is certainly a way different location than I would have ever expected for this project. The views are fabulous from there and the proximity to the interstate and to downdown is great, but those towers would be pretty standing all by themselves. If this project ever does get built, I would like to see some variety in the tower's height. Fivebuildings, all 22 stories, would be most impressive, but could be a little boring as well. I hope we can get some details soon.

Archived