five 22 story towers still reality

doormanpoet

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many condos could we be talking about here? Possible more than 1,000?

A lot depends on the footprint of each building and if there will be retail developed along with the project. There are a lot of variables but I would envision at least 650 to as many as a 1000. When I read this on Bidclerk, I do remember something about phases and its very hard to know if you do not have an account to read the entire project detail. Even if one of us had an account at Bidclerk, the site rules would prohibit any publication of the details of the project. So I guess we will just have to wait and see what comes of this in the next couple of weeks or so.

Has anyone (maybe William) checked with the Nashville Civic Design Center on this project? The NCDC's Plan of Nashville is extremely detailed regarding future development of this area, and recommends that the stretch of interstate currently running through it be converted to a boulevard. Some of these towers could potentially front such a road. The CDC would naturally be involved with a development like this.

Has anyone (maybe William) checked with the Nashville Civic Design Center on this project? The NCDC's Plan of Nashville is extremely detailed regarding future development of this area, and recommends that the stretch of interstate currently running through it be converted to a boulevard. Some of these towers could potentially front such a road. The CDC would naturally be involved with a development like this.

That may be one of the hounds I mentioned. He's on it and will update when he gets something concrete, I am sure.

As wonderful as their design is, I don't really see anything becoming of it. The only way that their ideas would come to fruition would be for us totear down Nashville completely and start again. Furthermore, for Nashville to have that kind of density would mean that our population would have to double as well as our business in the downtown area. Economics and practicality aside, I see the design nothing more than a vision--it will never become a reality.

As wonderful as their design is, I don't really see anything becoming of it. The only way that their ideas would come to fruition would be for us totear down Nashville completely and start again. Furthermore, for Nashville to have that kind of density would mean that our population would have to double as well as our business in the downtown area. Economics and practicality aside, I see the design nothing more than a vision--it will never become a reality.

I would suspect you are more than you may appear, perhaps a member of the media because you talk as if you know a little about this project that may not necessarily be public.

I don't think the intention is to make all that they say come true. It is more of a guideline to the future. They simply point out that Nashville has problems when it comes to certain areas of lifestyle and things that will pose as problems in the future. Address them and how to work around them etc. The NCDC is a model group that has great ideas, while many are not realistic, they do offer that 'other' opinion to the way things are done on a daily basis around here. I guess they are a breath of fresh air in an otherwise daily routine.

I think brownhound is talking about the "Plan of Nashville" more than the particular project under discussion. Everyone, even the authors of the Plan, know it's nothing more than a yardstick against which to guide city development from this point forward. No one is going to rip up the interstate, but some might build five towers next to it. The NCDC is full of people with intimate knowledge of projects on an individual basis with the Plan they produced not necessarily part of the equation.

Doorman told me the other day that William did research this and find that this was a mistaken post on Bid clerk. He said William spoke to the president of Bid clerk and it was suppose to go on another city. Amazing it took 6 months to find an error. That is a great parcel of property across form the stadium. Maybe someone will get the idea to develop it now.

:blink: Woah, the Nashville forum on UP.org really is on the "bleeding-edge" of construction development rumors in this town - - - which is great! Some turn out to be true, others, end up like this.

Speaking of too good to be true: I had a wierd dream a couple nights ago where I went to the top of a tower near the bicentennial mall - the tower looked just like petronas tower and had a twin right next to it like petronas. The view from the top let me see the Bordeaux skyline on the other side of the river looking north, which was quite impressive in my dream (multiple high-rises). By the way, the tower I was in was called the "Dolphin" tower and the company occupying the tower sold dolphins. .... I told you it was wierd... :ph34r:

:blink: Woah, the Nashville forum on UP.org really is on the "bleeding-edge" of construction development rumors in this town - - - which is great! Some turn out to be true, others, end up like this.

Speaking of too good to be true: I had a wierd dream a couple nights ago where I went to the top of a tower near the bicentennial mall - the tower looked just like petronas tower and had a twin right next to it like petronas. The view from the top let me see the Bordeaux skyline on the other side of the river looking north, which was quite impressive in my dream (multiple high-rises). By the way, the tower I was in was called the "Dolphin" tower and the company occupying the tower sold dolphins. .... I told you it was wierd... :ph34r:

Sometimes dreams can come true.....well, maybe except the company selling dolphins part. :rolleyes:

Dude, you gotta avoid the pizza with anchovies before bed.

Archived