Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doormanpoet

Update on West End Summit

5 posts in this topic

It has been 6 months since the Tennessean ran a story on a MAJOR annoncement regarding WES. The story was in June, and since January looms around the corner, William and I are anxious for an update. He will have a story soon.

Thank God for The poet of all doormen in the region and WW. YOu people are like smoke filling the hallways of a burning building. Eventually, you are everywhere and on top of everything. LOL!!!

It would be great to know if this forum helps determine how some of these projects turn out. If we don't stay on top of things they may just get buried and we are a vain bunch , we all want to break the story.

I am glad we have someone in the media to push for answers.

William and I discussed WES today at length. Palmer has to do something. The land is too valuable and the city does not like having a vast amount of empty and undeveloped land. Empty land can become a haven for crime.

Unfortunatley, the old lodge came down before anything definate happened, and Palmer is paying property tax on land that is not producing any revenue like surface parking or a short term land lease for a business.

They could at least pave and line the land for surface parking to produce some revenue. I am amazed that the land could sit vacant for so long. The area is so prime for development. Too bad a nicely designed shopping mall and urban park with condo's is not an option for Mr. Palmer at this point.

My question to you Doorman is , did William find out anything, if you cant share I understand.