Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The_sandlapper

Celebs in Columbia!

56 posts in this topic

Given the size of the area, pound for pound there are very few places I can think of that have quite as many celebs affiliated, from, or living in the region. I think VA Beach celeb status given its size is amazing!

But anyway as far as Clum:

Angie Stone

Jermaine Oneal

Ray Allen (Sumter Co.)

Hootie & Blowfish

Deuce Staley

Lisa Gibbons

Steve Spurs

Cock-a-doodle-lou (while he was coaching)

Allen Johnson (110m hurdle olympic gold medalest)

The gut who invented XM sat. radio (forget his name but was a USC grad).

I know we have an astronaut (CA Johnson HS grad).

Just a few I can think.

The astronaut is Charles Bolden, Jr. He resides in Houston now.

Former NBA player Xavier McDaniel lives out in NE Richland.

U.S. Olympian Terrance Trammel lives in Columbia as well.

The astronaut is Charles Bolden, Jr. He resides in Houston now.

Former NBA player Xavier McDaniel lives out in NE Richland.

U.S. Olympian Terrance Trammel lives in Columbia as well.

I like how you put "....lives out in NE Richland..." like we're out in the boonies or something.....to be honest with you I feel that we have way more amminities than alot of inner city suburbs like Cayce/West Columbia which is merely right outside the downtown vicinity....just because we're a 25 minutes away from DT doesnt mean we're "out" there! :P

It's nothing serious. I would have said the same thing had he resided "out in" Irmo.

The girl that played in Soul Plane named Angell Cornwell is from Columbia. She's also been in the King Magazine and was featured in the Wash.

Angell Conwell an actress is from Columbia...We went to the same elementary school, Seven Oaks Elementary...When I was in 2nd grade she was in the 5th and was president of student body :DAngell Conwell

Don't know howmany of you remember Kimberly Aiken miss america 93-94 or something like that. Anyway she grew up in my neighborhood and went to my HS, GO CAPS!

Angell Conwell an actress is from Columbia...We went to the same elementary school, Seven Oaks Elementary...When I was in 2nd grade she was in the 5th and was president of student body :DAngell Conwell

:thumbsup: Man she went to Seven Oaks, Irmo, how did I miss her. What year did she graduate?

Well... I'm not especially proud of this or anything, but Leeza Gibbons (it's "Leeza" not "Lisa") is from the Irmo area. Her dad owns that junk shop where Hwy. 6 and 76 intersect in Ballentine.

Let's see... the only person I can think of that hasn't been mentioned is Alex English ... that's all I got.

How could everyone forget about Sterlin Sharpe and it's another guy that played baseball a few years back!!

I thought Stephen Davis was from Spartanburg? Does he have a home now in Cola?

From Spartanburg but I am told he has a home in Columbia. Cannot verify that though

Former major leaguer Lamar Hoyt is from Columbia as is former NBA player Tyrone Corbin. I went to high school with both he and Xavier McDaniel at AC Flora.

From Spartanburg but I am told he has a home in Columbia. Cannot verify that though

Wouldn't suprise me probablly out in Northeast somewhere. Seems that's where all the famous people live in the area.

Don't know howmany of you remember Kimberly Aiken miss america 93-94 or something like that. Anyway she grew up in my neighborhood and went to my HS, GO CAPS!

She went to my high school too! Columbia High alirght caps! I think Angell graudated in 94'

Yeah, they actually did....I think Wilson, NC to be exact.

I did some illustrations for his Father back before Lee was born. His Dad is Tommy Scott Young, had the Kitani Foundation (an arts group) in the 70s and 80s. Still lives in Blair SC I think.