Celebs in Columbia!

The_sandlapper

Given the size of the area, pound for pound there are very few places I can think of that have quite as many celebs affiliated, from, or living in the region. I think VA Beach celeb status given its size is amazing!

But anyway as far as Clum:

Angie Stone

Jermaine Oneal

Ray Allen (Sumter Co.)

Hootie & Blowfish

Deuce Staley

Lisa Gibbons

Steve Spurs

Cock-a-doodle-lou (while he was coaching)

Allen Johnson (110m hurdle olympic gold medalest)

The gut who invented XM sat. radio (forget his name but was a USC grad).

I know we have an astronaut (CA Johnson HS grad).

Just a few I can think.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The astronaut is Charles Bolden, Jr. He resides in Houston now.

Former NBA player Xavier McDaniel lives out in NE Richland.

U.S. Olympian Terrance Trammel lives in Columbia as well.

I like how you put "....lives out in NE Richland..." like we're out in the boonies or something.....to be honest with you I feel that we have way more amminities than alot of inner city suburbs like Cayce/West Columbia which is merely right outside the downtown vicinity....just because we're a 25 minutes away from DT doesnt mean we're "out" there! :P

Well... I'm not especially proud of this or anything, but Leeza Gibbons (it's "Leeza" not "Lisa") is from the Irmo area. Her dad owns that junk shop where Hwy. 6 and 76 intersect in Ballentine.

Let's see... the only person I can think of that hasn't been mentioned is Alex English ... that's all I got.

Archived