Celebs in Columbia!

The_sandlapper

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Naw Garnett was at Mauldin H.S. before he transfered to a Chicago area H.S. so he would get better recognition. Your thinking of Ray Allen he is from Hillcrest Dazell H.S. in Sumter County.

He was looking for a clean break from the 'Lynching" charges he had faced. He already had plenty of recognition.

oh also, kristin davis (charlotte-sex in the city) is from cola

Yep! - although Kristin Davis was not born here, she spent the better part of her childhood and adolesence here. She graduated from AC Flora, and her father still teaches psychology at USC.

Also, Alison Munn grew up in Columbia (also an AC Flora grad), and most notably played Fez's girlfriend on That 70's show. Currently she lives in LA and currently plays Amanda Bynes' best friend on What I Like About You. She also had a small part in Elizabethtown.

As I recall, some other Actor&Actress SC natives include Andie McDowell who was born in Gaffney, SC and Stephen Colbert who is from Charleston.

Yep! - although Kristin Davis was not born here, she spent the better part of her childhood and adolesence here. She graduated from AC Flora, and her father still teaches psychology at USC.

Also, Alison Munn grew up in Columbia (also an AC Flora grad), and most notably played Fez's girlfriend on That 70's show. Currently she lives in LA and currently plays Amanda Bynes' best friend on What I Like About You. She also had a small part in Elizabethtown.

As I recall, some other Actor&Actress SC natives include Andie McDowell who was born in Gaffney, SC and Stephen Colbert who is from Charleston.

I was told years ago that Faye Dunnaway is from Columbia and that her mother had a home on Saluda Avenue.

But anyway as far as Clum:

Angie Stone

Jermaine Oneal

Ray Allen (Sumter Co.)

Hootie & Blowfish

Deuce Staley

Lisa Gibbons

Steve Spurs

Cock-a-doodle-lou (while he was coaching)

Allen Johnson (110m hurdle olympic gold medalest)

The gut who invented XM sat. radio (forget his name but was a USC grad).

I know we have an astronaut (CA Johnson HS grad).

Just a few I can think.

Not bad, i am very impressed.

• 1 month later...

I was told years ago that Faye Dunnaway is from Columbia and that her mother had a home on Saluda Avenue.

Faye Dunaway isn't from here, but her mother IS a resident (or was--not sure if she survives to this day.)

Also, don't get started mentioning who's from Charleston (i.e., Stephen Colbert)--they have us all whooped with many, many names.

Y'all forgot the current rock band from Columbia: Crossfade.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm renouncing this topic. Fame is a product of some random societal stew usually involving luck and circumstance, possibly a driven ego. Besides, most "celebrities" don't even live here, and probably said some nasty things about their often-scorned hometown. :angry:

So, lets celebrate ME!!!! because i'm utterly fabulous. For a signed autograph and gems of wisdom, Just send in a S.A.S.E and $20.00 to PO Box 4013 Columbia, SC 29201

:rofl:

Archived