McFadden's

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just saw this in the ADG but NLR's Main Street is set to get a McFadden's (no relation to Darren) Restaurant and Saloon Apparently they have 13 locations: Washington, D.C., New York City, Chicago, Boston, Portland, Cincinnati and Philadelphia. Per the ADG, "The typical McFadden

I've only seen those in typical large markets.

I wonder how it will perform being in a small market compared to the ones in Big cities.

I saw where there is one in Providence, which is a similar market. I think it will do fine as there is basically no competition in that niche here.

A developer from Hendersonville, TN is considering buying 1.5 acres of land in downtown NLR to develop a Restaurant / Bar / Theatre. It will be an Irish themed restaurant and they only have locations in major markets such as New York, Boston, Cincinati, Portland, and D.C. This will be a great addition to that area. That's the area where all of the new development is happening around the new ballpark.

I think Aporkalypse mentioned some info about this in the restaurant topic. It sounded pretty interesting. I wish we could have one up here. :D

I was looking for a restaurant topic to see if it was already posted, but I couldn't find one. I didn't realize that we were using the "Best Places to eat" as a restaurant development topic...I thought that was just like a review of current restaurants. But I did just see where he posted it already :D

Very cool! Little Rock is getting a lot of things a market of our size doesn't deserve. (The Peabody comes to mind.)

There are many cities in the United States, and I think Little Rock is starting to be viewed (slowly) as one the "unique" cities......not on par with memphis or New orleans, but moving in that direction. Famous figures like Clark and Clinton certainly help.

I think that the fact this area is even being looked at for something like this shows how the image of LR is beginning to change. The Clinton Library has really started something around here. It brought people here and then they looked around while they were here and saw the beauty and potential that Central Arkansas has to offer.

I think that the fact this area is even being looked at for something like this shows how the image of LR is beginning to change. The Clinton Library has really started something around here. It brought people here and then they looked around while they were here and saw the beauty and potential that Central Arkansas has to offer.

And that's really awsome. My sisters were telling me about an experience on the plane from Newark, NJ, they had.

First of all, let me tell about the plane trip. Her first flight was overbooked! So they offered $400 in vouchers to each passenger who gave up his or her seat. My sisters took it of course, and waited for the next flight in the morning.

The next flight was overbooked too! But they didn't volunteer for the $400 this time.

Anyways, while they were traveling, there were some tourists from New York City. It was funny because they were asking this Arkansan about what there is to do in Little Rock. In a thick country accent, he was like, "Well they have this really neat space center just outside the airport." He was talking about the IMAX. Sisters were cracking up. He was mentioning other places too. The tourists asked about the Clinton Library. He said, heavily accented, "Well, I heard it's real nice. They spent billions of dollars to build it so it must be real nice. I've never been." The New Yorkers also had New York accents, so it was very interesting.

And that's really awsome. My sisters were telling me about an experience on the plane from Newark, NJ, they had.

First of all, let me tell about the plane trip. Her first flight was overbooked! So they offered $400 in vouchers to each passenger who gave up his or her seat. My sisters took it of course, and waited for the next flight in the morning.

The next flight was overbooked too! But they didn't volunteer for the $400 this time.

Anyways, while they were traveling, there were some tourists from New York City. It was funny because they were asking this Arkansan about what there is to do in Little Rock. In a thick country accent, he was like, "Well they have this really neat space center just outside the airport." He was talking about the IMAX. Sisters were cracking up. He was mentioning other places too. The tourists asked about the Clinton Library. He said, heavily accented, "Well, I heard it's real nice. They spent billions of dollars to build it so it must be real nice. I've never been." The New Yorkers also had New York accents, so it was very interesting.

:rofl: Gawd, I hate thick hick accents! Why can't everyone talk like me? :D

:rofl: Gawd, I hate thick hick accents! Why can't everyone talk like me? :D

I admit I guess I didn't care much for some southern accents for quite a while. But now I think I appeciate them better. So it doesn't bother me hearing any 'thick hick' accents. I know a lot of Americans who really like some of the strong lower class accents over in Britain. I'm sure there are people over there looking down on those lower class accents as well, while they may appreciate southern accents including the redneck accents. :D

• 3 months later...

Archived