Tysons Corner

urbanvb

They were handing out flyers advertising this at the West Falls Church Metro yesterday.

I say sign the petition!

TysonsTunnel.org formed by McLean Chamber of Commerce and Community Leaders For Opening Bidding Process and Gaining Fair Consideration for Metrorail Tunnel under Tysons Corner.

Town Hall Meeting: November 15, 2006

Alden Theater at the McLean Community Center on Wednesday, Nov. 15, 7 p.m.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't feel like it right now.

Here's a link to the pdf presentation, Tysons Plan, it's a long presentation, but this photo with the heights, is on pg. 45. It's blurry but you can make out a bunch. I suggest you breeze through the rest though. I saw a bigger, and very clear pic of that site plan with all the stories, but I can't find it, and don't feel like looking for it any longer right now.

Glad that there are people in Fairfax County that see the shortsightendness in rejecting a 4 mile tunnel for a 23 mile rail project. I hope they succeed, because its crucial to turning Tysons into a true downtown in every sense of the word.

Beyond that Tysons Corner Mall could use a facelift, by of course going ahead with the Commons project on site and making that real dense and smart, but also:

1) Investing some major dough, and a) putting those current ground level parking lot spaces underground, b) plus provide the undergournd spaces for the future buildings that will surround the mall and sit upon the old ground level parking spaces site.

2) If you look at that picture above of the Tysons Corner Mall, you can clearly see that there is plenty of room for a Green Roof, they need to make it a priority to turn that concrete or whatever material roof into a big ass Green Roof/Park....that is Accessible to the mall visitors, if not the public. That would be major.....all they need is a vision bigger than their wallets, and the accolades and money will come pouring in. Guaranteed. :)

For McLean Chamber Group, Tysons Tunnel Dream Endures

Two months after Virginia Gov. Timothy M. Kaine declared it dead, a proposal to build a Metrorail line below Tysons Corner instead of an elevated track is still being championed by businesses and residents who, despite long odds, are putting several million dollars into keeping the idea alive.

Really? I think Alexandria is way ahead of Tysons Corner is just about every aspect but office and retail space. And as far as urbanity goes (this is UrbanPlanet, afterall), Alexandria is worlds ahead of Tysons.

By the way, who braved Tysons Corner early on Black Friday? Have enough bruises? :lol:

Archived