Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

upstate29650

Any clue what construction project this may be?

8 posts in this topic

Sounds like it! But the map doesn't match up. Its showing the corner of Verdae and Laurens.

The status is "conceptual," leading me to believe that it probably is an attempt to fish for attractive ideas. It actually could be the Verdae Marketfair shopping center afterall. The size is an interesting note, because I can't think of any shopping centers having 66 acres right around that area. Thanks for posting that link, upstate29650. :)

I agree. he only thing going on there is the conversion of the former Lowe's into Jeff Lynch Appliances, and that's been ongoing for a bit now.

This could be referring to the old Best Buy, Sam's Club, Goody's, etc. property, too.

The Greenville News article re: the mall's demolition from 10/25/05 states that the mall property is 66 acres. The article is available at deadmalls.com.

66 acres.....Demolition of existing shopping plaza.....September 2006.....Sounds like Greenville Mall. I doubt it's Verdae Marketfair, it seems to be doing OK if they're able to snag Palmetto Home/Garden.

The Greenville News article re: the mall's demolition from 10/25/05 states that the mall property is 66 acres. The article is available at deadmalls.com.

Thanks for that reminder!