Hanes Mall Boulevard & Stratford Road

twincity

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so happy about Brixx Pizza. I went there in Charlotte and it is really good gourmet pizza.

I agree with Twin City. With the MEAC coming in the spring....we will really need these rooms. They will be nice hotels but kinda far from the major activities. At least the people stayin there will be close to good dining and shopping. A good boost for the local economy

since the second furniture store that was supposed to be at Little Creek backed out....I think it was Broyhill.

I think that Crate and Barrel should take its place. That is a very nice store that I am sure many young people and professionals would love to shop at for their homes/condos/apts. It usually leases large spaces such as the one a Little Creek. In an article they said they were talking to a new furniture store. Maybe this is the one

• 2 weeks later...

I think that Crate and Barrel should take its place. That is a very nice store that I am sure many young people and professionals would love to shop at for their homes/condos/apts. It usually leases large spaces such as the one a Little Creek. In an article they said they were talking to a new furniture store. Maybe this is the one

If Winston ever gets a Crate and Barrel, I would hope it goes in a lot more urban or at least new urbanism development than the horrendous Hanes Mall Blvd Corridor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Oyster Bay Seafood Restaurant is closing this Friday. The restaurant is located at the Pavilions S/C on Hanes Mall Blvd, they have been in business for 19 years. Last month was the worst month the restaurant ever had.

While the paper says it was a popular place, the restaurant's quality and service had gone downhill significantly over the last 5-6 years. This doesn't completely surpries me.

Hopefully, the new Mayflower on Peters Creek will be opened soon...

Read about the Oyster Bay closing here.

I can't say it really surprises me either. Not that many people know what exists in Pavilions as it sits so far away from HMB, and the guide signs are such a mess that it's hard to read them. The momentum and energy of HMB has shifted towards west of Stratford Road. I can easily see places such as Pavilion's and Silas Creek Crossing losing more tenants in the coming years. Toys R Us stands out in my mind the most.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't say it really surprises me either. Not that many people know what exists in Pavilions as it sits so far away from HMB, and the guide signs are such a mess that it's hard to read them. The momentum and energy of HMB has shifted towards west of Stratford Road. I can easily see places such as Pavilion's and Silas Creek Crossing losing more tenants in the coming years. Toys R Us stands out in my mind the most.

The latest tragedy of Hanes Mall Boulevard is Linens & Things. They are currently holding a store closing sale.

Below are some cell-phone photos of the Flow Dealership conversion and a new Sushi/Thai restaurant located in the old Ham's:

3025296494_dd0b572c23_b.jpg

3024468313_d5ca260bdc_b.jpg

3024468577_7729b18d63_b.jpg

3025297258_d989d1bc74_b.jpg

3024469315_c92bef691d_b.jpg

3025298050_54cde1dc8c_b.jpg

Sabb and Cadillac will be moving to Hummer's new building on Stratford. I would assume that due to the gas crisis, fewer Americans will be buying these gas guzzlers and Flow is cutting back on his sales of Hummers. Buick, Pontiac, and GMC are now located where Cadillac and Saab used to be. Their old dealership on University will now be home to Winston's second Honda dealership.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Sadly, downtown is losing a financial headquarters to Stratford Road. Piedmont Federal is building their new 5-story headquarters at Stratford and Bus. 40. The company says that their current Stratford office lease will expire in 2014 and they already own the land opposite Thruway Center. 40 of the 48 downtown employees will relocate to this new building.

28158554_640X373.jpg

http://www.wxii12.com/news/28158359/detail.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Seeing Piedmont Federal under construction on Stratford I am kind of happy that it is located there. Although I would have preferred to see a new building in downtown, I like the building presence on the major retail road because it is tall and brings new attention to this ideal retail area that boasts diversity and a wealthy immediate consumer base. Hopefully with new spaces opening up at Thruway and new construction of Piedmont Federal we will see some new major retailers on stratford.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

The Shoppes on Little Creek has seen increased development activity as a new restaurant and apartments are in the construction phase.  Cheddar's Restaurant in currently being built, as well as the Lofts at Little Creek.  This upscale apartment complex is slated to have apartments from 937 to 1,314 square feet with rents between $930 to $1,225.  Amenities at the apartments will include a fitness center, a busines center and emergency maintenance facility, as well as a Wii room, theater, billiards game room and parlor, pool and miniature golf.

It is good to finally start seeing some more development at this site which is really beautiful with much potential but has been greatly affected by the poor economy.  Hopefully having a number of residents on site will increase foot traffic and push for more development.

http://www.journalnow.com/business/business_news/local/article_dd2606da-5d11-11e2-8598-0019bb30f31a.html

• 8 months later...

piedmont-advantagerendering-web*600.jpg

Work continues on the new headquarters for Piedmont Advantage Credit Union, a 40,000-square-foot, three-story facility near the corner of Stratford and Burke Mill roads that will be the anchor tenant of the 22-acre Piedmont Advantage Park. The headquarters is located on the east side of Stratford Road near Hanes Mall Boulevard, an area that boasts some of the highest traffic counts in Winston-Salem. The steel framing is complete for the building and interior work should commence soon.

According to a recent TBJ article, the facility will feature open work spaces, community rooms, an indoor cafe with WiFi access and an outdoor patio. The headquarters will do away with the traditional teller line, which is becoming increasingly less necessary as customers use mobile and Internet-based financial tools. Rather, the branch will feature universal financial service representatives that can serve in multiple functions without the traditional barrier between teller and consumer.

Piedmont Advantage’s 65 employees will initially be in open-area offices on the first and third floors. The building’s second floor — about 13,300 square feet of Class A space — will be available for lease to other users.

• 2 weeks later...

Hakka Chow, an Asian steakhouse, will open on Hanes Mall Boulevard in Winston-Salem later this fall as reported in the TBJ.

The restaurant will be located in the 4,500-square-foot former Ombu Woodfired Fusion restaurant in the St. George Square Court development along the 1500 block of Hanes Mall Boulevard. Hakka Chow owners Freddy and Terry Lee also own popular Winston-Salem spots Bleu Restaurant & Bar at 3425 Frontis St. and Bernardin’s Fine Dining at 901 W. Fourth St. downtown. Outside the Triad, the pair own a Bernardin’s location in Charlotte and Blue Fin Seafood Restaurant & Bar in Columbia, S.C.

Freddy Lee told The Business Journal that Hakka Chow will feature several different styles of Asian cuisine, including Chinese, Thai and Indian. The 145-seat restaurant will hire between 25 to 30 full-time kitchen workers and have between 30 and 50 total staff. The 145-seat restaurant will also serve specialty drinks. Entrees will range in price from $9 to $16.

Pavilion Development of Charlotte is planning a retail development along Hanes Mall Boulevard in Winston-Salem, a project that could cost up to $20 million when fully built out by late 2015. Former Carolina Panthers tight end Wesley Walls — now a senior vice president at Pavilion Development — is spearheading the project on the 22-acre tract. The acreage is the last sizable vacant tract on Hanes Mall Boulevard, which is among Winston-Salem’s most coveted retail addresses. The site sits across the street from the existing high-end Shoppes at Little Creek retail development and the Lofts at Little Creek apartments, which are currently under construction. It is envisioned to have 150,000 square feet of retail on six parcels. The firm has secured tenant commitments for the two larger rear parcels — which together cover nearly 18 acres — and is working with potential tenants on the four parcels that front Hanes Mall Boulevard.

“There’s a tremendous amount of interest in the Winston-Salem area, in Hanes Mall Boulevard particularly, because of the high-end retail that’s already there, the new developments that are underway,” Walls said.

http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/blog/2013/10/former-panthers-great-planning-20m.html?page=all

• 3 weeks later...

A Zoes Kitchen restaurant is going into the  nearly 4,000-square-foot former Bruegger’s Bagels space at the Towers shopping center on Stratford Road across from Thruway Center. Zoes, based in Birmingham, Ala., has a Mediterranean-inspired menu, offering items that are made fresh daily.

• 11 months later...

Pavilion Development of Charlotte is planning a retail development along Hanes Mall Boulevard in Winston-Salem, a project that could cost up to $20 million when fully built out by late 2015. Former Carolina Panthers tight end Wesley Walls — now a senior vice president at Pavilion Development — is spearheading the project on the 22-acre tract. The acreage is the last sizable vacant tract on Hanes Mall Boulevard, which is among Winston-Salem’s most coveted retail addresses. The site sits across the street from the existing high-end Shoppes at Little Creek retail development and the Lofts at Little Creek apartments, which are currently under construction. It is envisioned to have 150,000 square feet of retail on six parcels. The firm has secured tenant commitments for the two larger rear parcels — which together cover nearly 18 acres — and is working with potential tenants on the four parcels that front Hanes Mall Boulevard.

“There’s a tremendous amount of interest in the Winston-Salem area, in Hanes Mall Boulevard particularly, because of the high-end retail that’s already there, the new developments that are underway,” Walls said.

Walls has announced the second NC location for Conn's HomePlus store, the first being in Charlotte. It is a TX company that sells Computers/Appliances/Furniture somewhat like a HHGregg. They will be placed in the rear of the property next to a four story 108-room, $12 million Residence Inn that was the first major component of the planned 22-acre redevelopment along Hanes Mall Boulevard south of I-40 and the I-40 Business Loop.

Contracts have also been executed with Hobby Lobby, Zaxby's and a Merchant's Tire Center to build in the development.

http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/blog/2013/10/former-panthers-great-planning-20m.html?page=all

Walls has announced the second NC location for Conn's HomePlus store, the first being in Charlotte. It is a TX company that sells Computers/Appliances/Furniture somewhat like a HHGregg. They will be placed in the rear of the property next to a four story 108-room, $12 million Residence Inn that was the first major component of the planned 22-acre redevelopment along Hanes Mall Boulevard south of I-40 and the I-40 Business Loop.

Contracts have also been executed with Hobby Lobby, Zaxby's and a Merchant's Tire Center to build in the development.

Archived