Hanes Mall Boulevard & Stratford Road

twincity

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no idea. i wouldnt mind seeing a Hilton at Twin City Quarter though.

Here is some USAir news. More jobs are coming to the Hanes Mall Blvd Call Center.

from WXII.com

There was a Hilton proposed at one time in downtown wasn't there? I think we might get one in the next 10 years or less, and I think that the Marriott and Embassy Suites will really increase our chances.

When do you think Winston will get a Forever 24 and a Hilton Hotel? Someone Told me to ask that.

:blush:

Forever 21 is a possibility, but Hilton is a long shot unless one of the nicer hotels decides to switch brands. There are already a lot of hotel rooms in town, and the market for nicer ones hasn't moved in years.

When did Abercrombie & Fitch come to the Triangle? I know there was one at South Square and Crabtree (of course TTC and Southpoint got them when they opened). I seriously doubt North Hills had one...not sure if Cary Towne Center ever had one...
Abercrombie & Fitch came to the Triangle at Crabtree Valley Mall in 1992, just after they opened at Hanes Mall. They opened in South Square Mall somewhere around 1996 or '97. There have never been Abercrombie & Fitch stores at North Hills or Cary Towne Center.

Abercrombie & Fitch came to the Triangle at Crabtree Valley Mall in 1992, just after they opened at Hanes Mall. They opened in South Square Mall somewhere around 1996 or '97. There have never been Abercrombie & Fitch stores at North Hills or Cary Towne Center.

I wonder why....they seem to be wealthy areas and that store is made for those types of incomes.

Yep. Winston-Salem got one of the frst Sam's Clubs back in the late '80s. Abercrombie opened in 1992 at Hanes Mall (compare this to 1994 in Greensboro and 1999 in Charlotte). They also got one of the first Hollister stores about 3-4 years ago (compare this to 2004 in Charlotte and 2005 in Greensboro)

Wow. No idea WS got these stores so much earlier than Clt!

I wonder why....they seem to be wealthy areas and that store is made for those types of incomes.

I think in the case of NH, is that it was just so close to CTV Mall.

North hills hasn't had a young, hip following since Crabtree Valley opened. It's typically been a mall focused on the older, more conservative folks, and the stores at the mall reflected this. They did have Structure, Express and Gap, but those were overshadowed by old-line retailers like Ivey's, Nowell's, Roscoe Griffin and Montaldo's

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone else ever hear a rumor that Bass Pro Shop was considering building on Hanes Mall Blvd?

Haven't heard that one, but I think they would make a good profit here. Bass Pro tends to like Interstate frontage so were would one go on the Blvd. The area around little creek is the only avalible land the I've seen to be big enough.

Archived