Hanes Mall Boulevard & Stratford Road

twincity

I saw on Fox 8 last night that another devolpment is going up on the Blvd. It's called St. George or something like that and its suppose to be a mix of office and retail space. High Point Regional Hospital is said to have took on most of the office space and as for the retail, its suppose to be kinda upscale. I belive they mention it's kinda of a outdoor lifestyle center too. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw on Fox 8 last night that another devolpment is going up on the Blvd. It's called St. George or something like that and its suppose to be a mix of office and retail space. High Point Regional Hospital is said to have took on most of the office space and as for the retail, its suppose to be kinda upscale. I belive they mention it's kinda of a outdoor lifestyle center too. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

u sure its not for high point or k-ville?

Seeing all of this commerical development on HMB makes me want to scream in why not some of this can make its way downtown for the redevelopment areas. I worry that all of this high end development between Target and Jonestown Road will cannibialise retail in other parts of town notably Reynolda Village. That will just create more dead areas again that will need redevelopment at some point.

• 1 month later...

Seeing all of this commerical development on HMB makes me want to scream in why not some of this can make its way downtown for the redevelopment areas. I worry that all of this high end development between Target and Jonestown Road will cannibialise retail in other parts of town notably Reynolda Village. That will just create more dead areas again that will need redevelopment at some point.

I couldn't agree with you more. I wish the city would institute an urban growth boundary and put a stop to the out-of-control sprawl on that end of town. None of that development will ever yield an environment as unique and interesting as either downtown or Reynolda Village.

I wish they would leave HMB to the Big Boxes. I don't like the idea of mixing in High end retail alongside WalMart and Target. We should've done much better there. Maybe just filled in with hotels and chain restaurants. We could've then guided higher end retail towards Thruway, Downtown, or Reynolda village.

Let's face it, HMB is a mess that will make the alien archaeologists question our intelligence many millenia in the future! :silly:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

These are some photos of the new Macy*s sign at Hanes Mall.

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

The new Dick's on Hanes Mall Circle

You can barely see the Macy's sign on these because of the red tarp they used. I thought that was kind of interesting because the signs at SouthPark Mall in Charlotte were white. I guess they didn't want anybody to see what is underneath. At night you can see almost the whole Macy's sign lit up through the tarp.

huh? Dicks isnt opened yet? its been sitting there for the longest. I do like the exterior though.

Dick's is opening on July 19. So only 1 week left! I plan on going and getting myself a pair of Crocs lol! The store is already fully stocked and is 2 levels as one could already guess. I guess they have been training employees and that's probably the reason for the hold up.

Archived