Hanes Mall Boulevard & Stratford Road

twincity

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is Hanes Mall Circle?

I believe that its at Hanes Mill Blvd and Stratford behind the Village Tavern.

Mind you the Texas Land and Cattle is still under construction. I not sure about the status of the other locations and isn't there a IHOP already on University at Deacon Blvd?

hanes mall circle is that loop around the mall. im not sure if thats the official name, but that what people are calling it.

yes, one is near the coliseum. this will be the second IHOP for University Pkwy. I think Chipotle is open?

Now I know what you are talking about. Used to be a Don Pablo's there and now it is a strip mall which also has a vitamin store as well attached to it.

I saw site prep going on at Summit Square and Hanes Mill Rd and on HMB opposite Shoppes on Little Creek/west of Target shopping center. does anybody know whats going on here?

I also noticed a FedEx Kinkos about to open on HMB beside Starbucks. its about time the city got a 2nd one.

I also noticed a FedEx Kinkos about to open on HMB beside Starbucks. its about time the city got a 2nd one.

Don't be too surprised if the FedEx Kinko's turns out just to be a relocation of the Thruway branch, which is almost fifteen years old as I recall. Unless it's a really dense urban area, they generally like to put a little more distance than that between full-serve retail branches these days.

Don't be too surprised if the FedEx Kinko's turns out just to be a relocation of the Thruway branch, which is almost fifteen years old as I recall. Unless it's a really dense urban area, they generally like to put a little more distance than that between full-serve retail branches these days.
I'm not sure if they're leaving Thruway or not. Your reasoning is sound, but that store stays busy all day and night. They get a lot of traffic from being so close to Borders and Eckerd.

I saw site prep going on at Summit Square and Hanes Mill Rd and on HMB opposite Shoppes on Little Creek/west of Target shopping center. does anybody know whats going on here?

I heard that Garden Ridge was expressing some interest in the site west of Target but above Little Creek. I would kind of like to see BJ's also since it would provide some competition towards Costco and Sam's. That's great that a FedEx Kinko's will be opening on HMB, and I seriously doubt that the one in Thruway will close because they do stay busy at all hours of the night just as Steven said.

I have not heard anything about any development for that land opposite the Shoppes development. Usually those things are trumpeted well in advance. Some of the site prep would obviously be for the road widening in that area but it could be a case where the property owners are doing the site clearing and leveling as a speculative move to show prospective clients who may want to look at that area before making the committment. Those transmission towers are going to be a problem though.

That's great that a FedEx Kinko's will be opening on HMB, and I seriously doubt that the one in Thruway will close because they do stay busy at all hours of the night just as Steven said.

It wouldn't be the first time a successful FedEx Kinko's was relocated in a quest for more space, better lease terms, or whatever.

I could be wrong on this particular location, but their overall strategy is moving away from numerous full-service branches in really expensive retail locations in favor of a more B2B approach, with more kiosk-type locations serviced by larger production centers situated in non-retail real estate. The small-time retail cutomer isn't really where the money is at, and it's a declining market to boot. Their best and most profitable customers never set foot within an actual branch.

Of course, FedEx Kinko's is notorious for occasionally running along for years with strategy and implementation completely out of sync...

Drove out HMB today, here are some updated pics:

P7300389.jpg

Texas Land and Cattle Steakhouse, looks almost ready to open!

P7300390.jpg

Little Creek

P7300396.jpg

Little Creek pic2

P7300391.jpg

St. George's Square, they are doing a lot of grading, not completely sure if this building is part of the development or something else.

P7300393.jpg

Shops @ Jonestown and HMB

P7300394.jpg

Shops @ Jonestown and HMB 2

Hope you enjoy!!

I have not heard anything about any development for that land opposite the Shoppes development. Usually those things are trumpeted well in advance. Some of the site prep would obviously be for the road widening in that area but it could be a case where the property owners are doing the site clearing and leveling as a speculative move to show prospective clients who may want to look at that area before making the committment. Those transmission towers are going to be a problem though.

just found out...this is the Ashley Furniture site

You think they could have gotten a more professional sign, I mean come'on you're selling Lexus'!

That does seem hard to believe. I can't imagine Don Flow knowing about and agreeing to a sign that looks that, uh....rustic. :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

I thought it may be a good idea to start a post noting all of the notable openings and closures in the retail sector for Winston-Salem. This may be better than scattering notices over different posts. Many times the same news pops up in multiple threads.

To start off, let me note that Copelands off Hanes Mall Blvd is now closed due to poor business. Also Southern Markets which took over the Bi-Lo supermarkets has decided to pull out of North Carolina as a strategic marketing decision. Their store in Clemmons will close in September.

On a recent trip to Hanes Mall, I was somewhat disturbed by the number of empty retail spaces. But this has proved to be a temporary situation as new stores are coming on board over the next few months. Perfumania has taken over the former Sleep to Live space and Payless shoes moved into Wings to Go restaurant. Man Alive has moved into Barrington's old space. The Sheetz space in the food court will be replaced by a Baja Bistro outlet and Starbucks, in their drive to saturate every retail space in Winston, takes Sheetz former location by the Caroseul. The large Casual Corner store space is going to be broken up for Body Central and Georgiou stores. Quite a lot of changes at the Hanes punctuated by the conversion of the Hechts department store into a Macys. In the parking lot Vitamin Shoppe and Chipolte restuarant are opening in the area which once housed the Don Pablo restaurant.

• 3 weeks later...

Well tonight I went to the opening of Macy*s and I must say alot of people were there and buying up the new merchandise. Macy*s had a decent selection of Polo Ralph Lauren, Perry Ellis, Nautica, Lauren by Ralph Lauren, and Izod. They had Nine West handbags and accessories and Steve Madden shoes, bags, and accessories. On the top (3rd) floor they had a nice selection of china and home furnishings. Overall they had a decent selection of merchandise but I don't know what to compare it to at the old Hecht's since I hardly went in there. I do remember that this Macy*s had a much more wider selection of Ralph Lauren clothing then I remember. Do any of you remember what merchandise Hecht's used to carry in this store? Unfortunately I didn't get to view the whole store since I was questioned why I had a camera in the store and was asked to leave. :angry: Ugghhh........but I did get some photos................

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1000.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_1004.jpg

IMG_1005.jpg

IMG_1006.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1013-1.jpg

IMG_1014-1.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

And, I assume many of you know that the new Dick's is open?

IMG_1011.jpg

Unfortunately I didn't get to view the whole store since I was questioned why I had a camera in the store and was asked to leave. :angry:

Next time, use a camera phone and feign a conversation while taking pics. A straight out camera will get you booted out of retail store IMMEDIATELY. They're very concerned about competition and that's a red flag.

Archived