Hanes Mall Boulevard & Stratford Road

twincity

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the Department of Transportation widening the bridge over Business 40? I just noticed that last week when I made my trip to Wal-Mart to get some things for school.

You mean I-40 don't you? Yes they are widening the bridge to accomodate all of the traffic on the current overcrowded 2 lane section. I am just so surprised that the NCDOT didn't make the bridge wider when they redid the I-40/Bus 40/421 multiplex interchange and the widening of I-40. I also noticed that when you are driving towards Wal-Mart from Target/Home Depot that right as you are getting to cross the bridge, on your right they are filling in that area with dirt to make it level for future growth. I wonder what may go in there? I also heard a big box chain that is not in the W-S area is eyeing the site across from Shoppes at Little Creek for a new store. I went by the future Dick's Sporting Goods store and that place is HUGE! It's going to have an escalator and all. That will run Sport's Authority in to the ground! Does anybody know what is going in the old Don Pablos site on Hanes Mall Blvd near McDonalds? They are constructing something there that isn't too nice looking or pedestrian friendly.

the vitamin shoppe, jimmy john's (a gourmet sandwich chain), Chipotle mexican grill, Cold Stone Creamery and a 5th unamed tenant.

yea thats a bad spot for strip retail. i was hoping a new restaurant would go there instead.

anybody heard of this project?

exerpt from journalnow.com

Granite Development LLC, based in Mount Airy, and Facilities Corporation of America, an affiliated company, are ready to begin construction on an office and retail complex on Country Club Road that was announced at least 18 months ago.

the vitamin shoppe, jimmy john's (a gourmet sandwich chain), Chipotle mexican grill, Cold Stone Creamery and a 5th unamed tenant.

yea thats a bad spot for strip retail. i was hoping a new restaurant would go there instead.

anybody heard of this project?

exerpt from journalnow.com

Granite Development LLC, based in Mount Airy, and Facilities Corporation of America, an affiliated company, are ready to begin construction on an office and retail complex on Country Club Road that was announced at least 18 months ago.

The Cold Stone Creamery should be a good fit for the area and I might go there once in a while. I have heard about the complex on Country Club. It is at the corner of Jonestown and CCR. It's a HUGE site! the rendering on the site looks like it will have retail on the bottom and offices on top meaning it will be two stories.

The Cold Stone Creamery should be a good fit for the area and I might go there once in a while. I have heard about the complex on Country Club. It is at the corner of Jonestown and CCR. It's a HUGE site! the rendering on the site looks like it will have retail on the bottom and offices on top meaning it will be two stories.

I would go to Maggie Moo's It's a little better than cold stone Does anyone know when the jonestown road sit is going to be built

Hanes Mall Blvd is going to get a little bit busier with the opening of a Broyhill Funiture Gallery at Shoppes on Little Creek. It is going to be quite a huge store at 50,000 square feet with an opening date of this fall. We have 3 tenants so far for this development and they are Ethan Allen, Texas Land and Cattle, and Broyhill.

Here's the full story.

Hanes Mall Blvd is going to get a little bit busier with the opening of a Broyhill Funiture Gallery at Shoppes on Little Creek. It is going to be quite a huge store at 50,000 square feet with an opening date of this fall. We have 3 tenants so far for this development and they are Ethan Allen, Texas Land and Cattle, and Broyhill.

Here's the full story.

What? W-S is getting a new store before any other city in NC? thats rare around here.

Anyways, looks like this area could see another wave of new activity towards the end of the year. a new large business park is proposed for W-S...and it will actually be well inside the city limits. im suprised lots this size are still available in SW Winston. This VA Beach developer is also plannng two other projects inside the city limits. One will be multi-family residential and the other will be similar to this project...named .Salem Creek Industrial Park

What? W-S is getting a new store before any other city in NC? thats rare around here.

Anyways, looks like this area could see another wave of new activity towards the end of the year. a new large business park is proposed for W-S...and it will actually be well inside the city limits. im suprised lots this size are still available in SW Winston. This VA Beach developer is also plannng two other projects inside the city limits. One will be multi-family residential and the other will be similar to this project...named .Salem Creek Industrial Park

I agree with you. We always get everything last after every other big town in NC like Charlotte, Raleigh, G'boro, and in some cases Durham. I wonder what they eyed in this area?

We also seem to be the first to get a Maui Nix in the entire rest of the country besides Orlando, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Daytona Beach, and Coconut Grove. What's up with that? It is kind of random because what do we have here that the rest of the states don't?

Yep. Winston-Salem got one of the frst Sam's Clubs back in the late '80s. Abercrombie opened in 1992 at Hanes Mall (compare this to 1994 in Greensboro and 1999 in Charlotte). They also got one of the first Hollister stores about 3-4 years ago (compare this to 2004 in Charlotte and 2005 in Greensboro)

Archived