Bradley International Airport

SOCOM

All:

I'd love to see the following at BDL.

Airlines:

1) JetBlue

2) AirTran

3) USA3000 (an airline that flys to Stewart Airport (Newburgh,NY) from St.Pete/Clearwater Airport)

Other improvments:

1) lounges to conduct businesses in

2)Commuter train service.

JimS

Spirit Air also. They have flights from Boston to Myrtle Beach for $150 RT.

Hartford gets plenty of diversisons when Boston and NYC has bad weather. I once saw 15 International wide bodies @ BDL one summer day.
Maybe something happen for a reason, you just never know is like the the enemy trying to mess up CT and we can won the BATTLE but we can fall but can get right BACK UP!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: Edited by penetcostal_iglesia_faith

According to this, posted 2 days ago, the CDOT plans on doing more for the Groton-New London airport than anywhere else!!

http://www.ct.gov/dot/cwp/view.asp?Q=328374&A=1527

http://www.courant.com/news/local/hc-stewa...-headlines-home

That's bad news however you look at it - BDL better get with the rail service and added flights ASAP.

That really is a BIGG IF though. I lived in Newburgh for 2 years, it is no picnic.

Just as you cross the bridge into Newburgh over the Hudson, 84 just falls apart. It is in bad shape, the airport is old, the city is having ALOT of crime/drug issues(not that that will defer air travelers..just saying..)

I'm glad Northwest is running a promotion for its new Hartford/Amsterdam route. That's how grow ups do it. They don't just cross their fingers and hope folks get on board. NWA is proactively marketing the route. I know marketing is a foreign word in Hartford but in the real world it's how things are done.

I'm glad Northwest is running a promotion for its new Hartford/Amsterdam route. That's how grow ups do it. They don't just cross their fingers and hope folks get on board. NWA is proactively marketing the route. I know marketing is a foreign word in Hartford but in the real world it's how things are done.

Yeah, it's good to see some effort and money put into something associated with Hartford for a change. Marketing is certainly something CT falls flat at. Ever see the UConn Ad during the games? It's so terrible.

Yeah, it's good to see some effort and money put into something associated with Hartford for a change. Marketing is certainly something CT falls flat at. Ever see the UConn Ad during the games? It's so terrible.

Try the Whalers who were only marketed around Hartford and Springfield. They could have been marketed as far as Albany and Vermont....

• 2 months later...

I just noticed that Bradley upgraded the website. It looks pretty good now although I'm not sure what this guy is doing. image_home_1.jpg:dontknow:

However, in my opinion it does seem to have more of a Hartford emphasis now and seeing Amsterdam in the first spot on non stop destinations is pretty exciting. Hopefully, there will be more trans-atlantic service to come.

header_logo.jpg

Bradley International Airport

home_amsterdam.jpg

Non-Stop Destinations

Destination Airport Code

Amsterdam AMS

Atlanta, GA ATL

Baltimore, MD BWI

Buffalo, NY BUF

Charlotte, NC CLT

Chicago, IL

Did anyone catch the news about Ryanair planning flights from Europe to the east coast US for under $15 US to Baltimore and other 2nd tier cities such as Providence? If Bradley could work themselves into that list of US cities it would do wonders for the greater Hartford area.

It will never last. $15 each way plus having to pay for lugage, food, drinks, exit rows, asile seats, and on top of that there will be a ton of taxes to bring the total closer to 300-400.

$300-400 to go across the atlantic... i paid $700 to go to california. i'd say it's a deal. :thumbsup:

I saw the article. Though it sounds nice, I agree that the total cost will be much higher. It remains to be seen just how often these fares will actually be available. Has anyone seen Spirit's $9 Fare Club? It's an eye catcher in print, but when you go to book, the dates are very restricted. I've yet to find a date I will be able to use. Still, anything to get the fares across the pond moving in a downward trend is a good thing. Just don't expect too much.

People Express bit off more than they could chew when they started their international flights. I didn't fly them very much, but I do remember being able to fly to Boston for $31 from Washington. They collected the money on the plane! The terminal in Newark was dingy and the service was nonexistent, but it was cheap! Braniff, on the other hand, was originally a great airline with good service, or so I'm told. I never got to fly with them until I booked a ticket on one of their later budget incarnations. Just before I was to fly with them, they went under. Thank God I knew someone at Delta who signed over my ticket. Yes, this could mean a real bloodletting in the skies, but it ought to be good for the consumer.

Edited by tombarnes