Bradley International Airport

SOCOM

Didn't know if anyone else knew, but there's some more good news for Bradley brewing in the Midwest....Midwest Connect that is.... :shades: Midwest Connect has said that starting July 1st, 2007 they will be switching the aircraft on the Milwaukee-Hartford route from the small J328 to new CRJ2's, which is a very good thing for passengers flying to and from Milwaukee-Hartford.

"* Milwaukee-Hartford -- All flights will be upgraded from 32-seat regional jets to 50-seat regional jets. Additionally, a third daily roundtrip will be added, also on a 50-seat regional jet.

According to Midwest, the announcement is the next step in its continuing roll-out of a comprehensive 2007 strategic plan, which includes new destinations, route additions, frequency increases and aircraft upgrades.

The airline's recently launched 50-seat regional jet program is operated on CRJ-200 Canadair regional jets featuring Midwest's brown leather seats and chef-prepared buy-onboard Best Care Cuisine meals. Midwest Connect service aboard Fairchild 328JET aircraft features 32 reclining leather seats and the widest and tallest cabins in their class; onboard amenities include complimentary bakery or snacks, and beverage service. The airline's popular baked-onboard chocolate chip cookies are served on both aircraft.

"We are pleased to offer customers more service aboard our 32- and 50-seat regional jets," said Scott R. Dickson, Midwest Airlines senior vice president and chief marketing officer. "For our customers, these aircraft mean they can take advantage of quicker, nonstop jet service while enjoying our delicious chocolate chip cookies in comfortable leather seats." Dickson added that the jets are integral to the airline's ability to better meet customer demand by aligning capacity to specific routes.

Tickets for Midwest Connect service may be purchased at http://www.midwestairlines.com. Schedules, including a downloadable timetable, and fares are also available on the Web site."

Beginning July 1, 2007

Milwaukee to Hartford

Depart Arrive Frequency

07:30 a.m. 10:30 a.m. Except Sunday

11:50 a.m. 02:50 p.m. Daily

04:20 p.m. 07:20 p.m. Daily

Hartford to Milwaukee

Depart Arrive Frequency

11:00 a.m. 12:15 p.m. Daily

03:20 p.m. 04:35 p.m. Daily

07:50 p.m. 09:05 p.m. Except Saturday

$700? Did you by last minute? I never pay more than $250 to fly PHX-BDL or PHX-BOS. I fly 10-12 times a year between the two.

it's united, i booked the other day for a trip late june from PVD-SAN. i didn't book it on southwest because i wanted food on the long trip. i'm not paying for it, so i didn't really care. i spoke with a co-worker originally from san jose and she always pays $500-600 and she plans in advance.

Did anyone catch the news about Ryanair planning flights from Europe to the east coast US for under $15 US to Baltimore and other 2nd tier cities such as Providence? If Bradley could work themselves into that list of US cities it would do wonders for the greater Hartford area.

I think that the $15 fares would be much like their

People Express bit off more than they could chew when they started their international flights. I didn't fly them very much, but I do remember being able to fly to Boston for $31 from Washington. They collected the money on the plane! The terminal in Newark was dingy and the service was nonexistent, but it was cheap! Braniff, on the other hand, was originally a great airline with good service, or so I'm told. I never got to fly with them until I booked a ticket on one of their later budget incarnations. Just before I was to fly with them, they went under. Thank God I knew someone at Delta who signed over my ticket. Yes, this could mean a real bloodletting in the skies, but it ought to be good for the consumer.

People Express was an airline I used to fly to Chicago. I think the hot dogs in Chicago - at McCormick Place - was more expensive then the flight on People's. :)

JimS

Edited by JimSawhill

• 1 month later...

It's not like you can't just transfer from Columbus to some other place.

However, the issue becomes... they use some pretty backwater airports. I didn't even know they were using Pease for commercial aircraft.

Edited by Lowerdeck

Got excited when I saw Skybus was flying to 'Hartford/Springfield' (this is the new airline with $10 fares):

http://www.skybus.com/

But it's actually to Westover (Chicopee), and there is only ONE flight - to Columbus!

Chicopee??? What the hell type of airport do they have in Chicopee? At least they are marketing it as Hartford!

• 1 month later...

Bradley- Europe, Now Boarding

Airport Officially `International' Again

By ERIC GERSHON {sodEmoji.|} Courant Staff Writer

July 1, 2007

In 1966, Bradley Field was renamed Bradley International Airport, a bold nod to its lofty aspirations.

And for a few years in the late 1960s and early 1970s, TWA intermittently offered flights to London, Paris, Rome and elsewhere, with a pit stop in Boston.

But TWA cut the service before long. Since then, most Connecticut residents have hit the highways for Boston, New York and points beyond to catch overseas flights, although connecting at other U.S. airports from Bradley has always been an option.

At 5:25 p.m. today, Bradley and Connecticut head back to the future.

Northwest Airlines Flight 98 - a 160-seat Boeing 757 - is scheduled to depart for Amsterdam, direct and nonstop, with a water-cannon salute. The flight commences Bradley's first-ever daily passenger service overseas, and comes as old-line legacy airlines have been adding more profitable international routes to their schedules.

http://www.courant.com/news/local/hc-amste...0,6356020.story

This is a huge boost for the area. The non-stop Europe fight is ahead of projected booking which is very good news.

Now, let's get the airport out of the hands of the DOT and into the hands of adults.

Agreed! What are peoples thoughts about an organization like BAA running things at Bradley?

Haha, as usual Taylor, you are 5 steps ahead of me when it comes to airport stuff. What the heck is a BAA?

MadVlad:

BAA is a publicity owned company. When it was owned by the British government, it was called British Airport Authority. One of my mutual funds had some BAA stock in it.

JimS

Edited by JimSawhill

Haha, as usual Taylor, you are 5 steps ahead of me when it comes to airport stuff. What the heck is a BAA?

Well MadVlad, for one, they're the world's leading airport management company, which was bought by a consortium led by the Spanish construction company Ferrovial. They oversee all major UK airports and also have the management or retail contracts for other non-UK airports such as Baltimore-Washington, Boston-Logan, Indianapolis, and Pittsburgh International airport. They also have a very good record of producing results on their investments and have the awards to prove it. Personally, I believe that it would behoove us to atleast see what the possibilities could be for our airport and region if under their guidance.

Edited by TaylorG4444

Bad news guys....it seems that no sooner than we got non-stop europe service it is already scheduled to end. BDL-AMS service will apparently be ending on August 26th, 2007, due to what Northwest Airlines says is a critical shortage of planes, pilots, and flight attendants. I don't know about you, but I am greatly saddened by this news. :dunno::cry:

Edited by TaylorG4444

Bad news guys....it seems that no sooner than we got non-stop europe service it is already scheduled to end. BDL-AMS service will apparently be ending on August 26th, 2007, due to what Northwest Airlines says is a critical shortage of planes, pilots, and flight attendants. I don't know about you, but I am greatly saddened by this news. :dunno::cry:

The only flight I heard of ending was the second daily 757 Detroit-Frankfurt. Are you sure you haven't mixed them up? Where did you hear this news? I don't see anything on airliners.net about this and thats usually where news is first heard.

------------------------------------------------------

Amsterdam Flight Still On For Sunday

By ERIC GERSHON {sodEmoji.|} Courant Staff Writer

June 29, 2007

Northwest Airlines expects its inaugural flight from Hartford to Amsterdam to depart on Sunday as scheduled despite an unusual number of pilot absences recently, an airline spokesman said Thursday.

"We do not foresee the crew issue having any impact on Sunday's flight," Roman Blahoski, an airline spokesman, said Thursday.

Northwest's pilots have been upset about rising work hours and falling pay.

http://www.courant.com/business/hc-northwe...0,7704713.story

Edited by uconn99