Bradley International Airport

SOCOM

Hate to be the guy with bad new, but I just read an article that said that Newburgh Int'l (Newburgh, NY) had their #1 in charge just come back from Europe....with the possibility of direct service by the end of this year. Apparently 12 unnamed airlines were "in talks"....mostly LLC's or charter airlines. This is NOT good for Bradley....AT ALL! If this actually happens BDL-AMS could be toast. :(

Hate to be the guy with bad new, but I just read an article that said that Newburgh Int'l (Newburgh, NY) had their #1 in charge just come back from Europe....with the possibility of direct service by the end of this year. Apparently 12 unnamed airlines were "in talks"....mostly LLC's or charter airlines. This is NOT good for Bradley....AT ALL! If this actually happens BDL-AMS could be toast. :(

I really wouldn't worry about it. The possibility that Newburgh gets international flights is slim. Evan if they do, BDL is still in great shape for the AMS flight or another flight to Paris or London. I wouldn't worry about it at all. The catchment area Newburgh attracts has little affect on BDL. Most of the Danbury/Fairfield country residents go to NYC area airports as it is. BDL has all of Central, and Eastern Connecticut, and Western and Central Mass to draw on as well as Southern Vermont. That is a good 3-4 million people without Fairfield county.

Edited by uconn99

I have a fun question for anyone who follows Bradley.

where does Bradley fly to directly?

is there a place to see the list and the departure times.

My wife and I might fly somewhere. it would likely be sometime after midnight tonight and return sometime before work on Tuesday.

anyone up for a challange :)

I have a fun question for anyone who follows Bradley.

where does Bradley fly to directly?

is there a place to see the list and the departure times.

My wife and I might fly somewhere. it would likely be sometime after midnight tonight and return sometime before work on Tuesday.

anyone up for a challange :)

Here you go:

Bradley Non-Stop Destinations

Destination Airport Code

Amsterdam AMS

Atlanta, GA ATL

Baltimore, MD BWI

Buffalo, NY BUF

Charlotte, NC CLT

Chicago, IL

After midnight tonight? The earliest flight Saturday would be around 6:00am. Good luck finding a cheap last minute flight, they are extremely expensive for the most part.

I was thinking stand by.

but I have no Idea how that works and if in fact its even cheap to fly this way.

HA nice list right on the airports web site. too funny I could not find that.

I would literally go anywhere. if the end result is we travel for 2 days and get 12 hours at the destination that works for me.

I just got off the phone wit my buddy who flys for Continental and well he cant help. he looked at everything and its just jammed. so It looks like the best we can do is a little road trip. right now :(

After midnight tonight? The earliest flight Saturday would be around 6:00am. Good luck finding a cheap last minute flight, they are extremely expensive for the most part.

We have plans for tonight. HA HA at the Bushnell, then we would have to go home change pack a bag and get to BDL.

6AM would still work. that way we could take a nap and stuff.

Looks like BDL-DEN on Frontier has been removed from the schedules starting in September, however, BDL-MEM on a Northwest CRJ shows up starting in July.

Frontier had amazing loads for the most part, wonder what happened? Every time I tried to fly the route the prices were insanely high!

Frontier had amazing loads for the most part, wonder what happened? Every time I tried to fly the route the prices were insanely high!

Northwest To Link Bradley Direct To Memphis

Associated Press

8:36 AM EST, February 19, 2008

WINDSOR LOCKS, Conn. - Passengers flying out of Bradley International Airport will be able to fly directly to Memphis this summer. Bradley and Northwest Airlines are announcing that daily nonstop seasonal service to Memphis International Airport will begin on June 16. The chairman of the airport's board of governors says the value of this new service will be further multiplied because passengers can use it to connect to other flights offered by Northwest Airlines at Bradley. Northwest says the daily flights to Memphis complement daily service to Detroit, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Indianapolis and Amsterdam. The service will be operated by Northwest Airlink partner Pinnacle Airlines using 50 seat jets.

Frontier Drops Bradley Flight

Looks like Frontier Airlines has stopped selling tickets between Bradley and Denver for flights after Sept. 4. Frontier began the once-daily round-trip to its Denver hub just over a year ago on an Airbus A319 with 132 seats in a single-class cabin. It's Frontier's only flight out of Bradley, and there's some talk on the Web that it's been flying lately with more empty seats. Frontier recently announced a number of new flights, mainly in and around Colorado. Cutting back on long-haul flights may be the flip side of that strategy, especially with punishing fuel costs pushing so many airlines back into the red. If it's a permanent cut, it's sad news for Bradley. Like many smaller airports, it has seen some erosion in capacity over the past year or so. And that just doesn't seem to be letting up.

Edited by Theophrastus Bombastus

I like Bradley becoming more important to NW Airlines. It in my opinion is more important to act as a hub or sub hub for one airline rather than cater to many airlines. loosing frontier is not a good thing, but hopefully NW will add more flights that will help solidify our existing flights. and adds buts in seats on our international flight(s).

After the coming consolidation of airlines It will be interesting what happens.

Delta

NorthWest

Continental

UAL

both possible mergers this year.

OK, so a little snooping on my Bloomberg terminal told me that this merrger between NWA and Delta is ON. and will likely be announced today.

Apparently the pilots unions agreed on a deal this morning. and pilots are the biggest hurdle. the stocks are trading at 1:1 and both companies boards are meeting today. I will link a CNNMoney.com article that seems to have all the basics laid out pretty well.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/19/news/compa...sion=2008021907

I will keep this updated

Delta, the largest carrier at BDL now becomes evan bigger. I hope they add Paris to their destinations if the AMS flight continues to perform. Also, Salt Lake City would be nice to have back.

If NW and DL merge, the combined airline will serve the following cities-

Atlanta

Cinncinatti

Columbus

Ft. Meyers (Seasonal)

Cancun (Seasonal)

New York JFK

Los Angeles

Orlando

Tampa

Ft. Lauderdale

West Palm Beach

Detroit

Amsterdam

Minneapolis

Memphis

Indianapolis

An article about BDL from the HBJ:

http://www.hartfordbusiness.com/news4635.html

Funds Smack Bradley

Passenger Traffic Drops, construction more than two years behind schedule

By, Jonathan G. Fox

While funding issues pushed the final phase of Bradley International Airport’s $200 million construction project more than two years behind schedule, the airport has also been taking a hit from the airline industry, which is moving its longer flights from regional airports to larger hubs.

Airport officials blame a significant drop in passenger traffic over the past two years to the fact that regional airports have fallen out of favor with some airlines, not its construction delay.

Nearly 900,000 fewer passengers traveled through Bradley over the past two years, dropping its record of 7.4 million in 2005 to 6.5 million in 2007.

. . . . .

Is this drop in traffic simply an industry phenomenon/a symptom of a bad economy or is there something that the Bradley administrators are missing? Beyond finishing construction, what can be done to correct this?

Edited by Chessplayer

Is this drop in traffic simply an industry phenomenon/a symptom of a bad economy or is there something that the Bradley administrators are missing? Beyond finishing construction, what can be done to correct this?

Its nearly 100% external factors such as the economy and airlines that are causing this. BDL is down 900K, PVD was down 700K and MHT was down about 500K from 2005 to 2007. Dont expect a reversal in trends for 2008 either. 2008 may be stable/stagnant/ minor increases and decreases, but things probably wont pick up until 2009 or 2010, or essentially whenever Air Tran and Jet Blue decide to venture into BDL/PVD.

I wouldnt expect anything notable from any of the legacy airlines anytime in the near future.

I've noticed that Aeromexico has been flying CUN-BDL every Friday since the beginning of this year...is this a new seasonal?

Its not really Aeromexico, but more an Aeromexico plane that is chartered. I believe Mexicana planes were chartered on the BDL-CUN route in years past.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www.courant.com/news/custom/topnews...0,5659616.story

so there is a new boss in town.

not sure if this guy ran portland international in OR or if he ran the one in ME

Ummm, wasn't there a push to privatize? I don't think the state should still be running BDL.

Rell Names New Bradley Airport Administrator

By LYNN DOAN {sodEmoji.|} Courant Staff Writer

12:15 PM EDT, May 7, 2008

The manager of Portland International Airport will become the new administrator for Bradley International Airport, Gov. M. Jodi Rell announced in a statement today.