SOCOM

Bradley International Airport

Don't know but USA Today reports the same September start up.

Hartford, Conn.

Aer Lingus’ Dublin-Hartford flights will launch Sept. 28 with one daily round-trip flight on Boeing 757 narrow-body aircraft. The new service is a boon for officials at Connecticut's Bradley International Airport, where Dublin will become the only trans-Atlantic flight on the current schedule. The Hartford Courant notes the “restoration of a trans-Atlantic flight has been a priority since the Connecticut Airport Authority was formed three years ago.”

Hartford, of course, is on the smaller side of markets able to boast of daily trans-Atlantic service on a large airline. But the Connecticut capital sits in the densely populated I-95 corridor between New York City and Boston, giving it a large "catchment area" to pull customers from.

"The key issue is it is a significant commercial metropolitan area, with a significant population and very high per-capita income, but it doesn't have a direct service to Europe," Aer Lingus CEO Stephen Kavanagh says to the Independent for a story headlined: "Hartford, Connecticut: Six things to know about Aer Lingus's newest destination."

Are they still talking with Norwegian Air Shuttle? I heard they are talking with that, too. Was NAS a backup plan in case Aer Lingus didn't pan out. $69 to Europe?? I hope CAA will get 3 more airlines...I'd like to see Allegiant Air, Air Jamaica and Frontier at Bradley. The other article I read was the CAA trying to get flights into New London. I hope New Haven and Bridgeport I'll have service, too.

Jim, I dont think Air Jamaica exists any more.  I used to travel there for work A LOT, and my recollection is that they merged with Trinidad air or something like that and are now carribean Air.  

this is all from stupid brain parts, because I missed my delta flight home and woulda been stuck there till Sunday night, so a little research got me onto the last flight outta MBJ and it was a direct flight to JFK.  It was interesting.

I do think though that SOMEONE should run direct BDL to MBJ.  Im not sure how it isnt happening but whatever.    

New London seems a bad idea.  If thats the airport in Groton, and I am pretty sure it is, they have a HUGE issue with birds on and around the runway.  I cant imagine that going well.  That said, I would like to see some cool little flights to places like Block Island, Newport, Marthas Vineyard, maybe even Easthampton (they likely wouldnt allow commercial traffic)

Eastern Airlines is flying again!! I hope BDL will get Eastern to fly to Havana, Cuba. They are trying to fly scheduled service to Cuba. It would be nice to see that. Eastern is chartered to Cuba now.

Nice, Bradley International Airport got a few great non stops, now I hope we can get a few more flights. If the Courant is correct, Delta might resume the Amsterdam flight in the future? I wonder if the airport authority is thinking of more international flights.

I flew to Lisbon in 2014. It's really tough to get a non-stop from the most of the USA.  I ended up going from DC to Frankfurt to Lisbon. This might end up being a good idea for both Hartford and Lisbon as the competition is not very hot.

BTW, loved Portugal.