DT Nash Commuter Rail Station

it's just dave

Downtown again this morning and took some shots of the progress of the downtown commuter rail station. So far, the beginnings of the station look really good. As a start up rail trying to not break the bank with the commuter experience, I think the station will fit very well into the fabric of the Riverfront. The materials look first rate and I like the somewhat retro station design. I plan on keeping an eye on this as it progresses.

I've also thrown in a pic of one of my new feathered friends who was keeping an eye on me while I was keeping an eye on him on the river's east bank by the greenway.

RailStation1223051.jpg

Rail1223052.jpg

RailRiver1.jpg

Hawk1.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The closer this thing gets, the more hopeful I am that it works. I expect to see some advertising sometime in the near future and hopefully that will build interest. It's going to be a tough sell for people to abandon their cars, but I'd certainly like to think that people will surprise us and meet projections. This first leg is so important to the development of the other spokes. If Lebanon works, I have no doubt that the lines from Gallatin and Murfreesboro will work as well. Lebanon's success will go a long way in securing Federal money in the future.

I really do love the look of this station. I'm looking forward to being there when the trains start running dropping passengers off in the mornings. I'll be there with camera in hand.

Paula, yep, that's a hawk...a very large one at that. It was a bit freaky when his body didn't move, but his head turned all the way around to look at me. Wish I could do that.

Hawk2.jpg

The closer this thing gets, the more hopeful I am that it works. I expect to see some advertising sometime in the near future and hopefully that will build interest. It's going to be a tough sell for people to abandon their cars, but I'd certainly like to think that people will surprise us and meet projections. This first leg is so important to the development of the other spokes. If Lebanon works, I have no doubt that the lines from Gallatin and Murfreesboro will work as well. Lebanon's success will go a long way in securing Federal money in the future.

I lived in Lebanon for a year and a half and sadly the people (that even knew about it) said they would certainly take it a couple of times for the experience but wouldn't give up thier cars :cry: . Lets hope they have a change of heart. According to the website the proposed schedule shows trains arriving in downtown Nashville between approximately 7:00 a.m.

Thanks, Dave, for the Metro Star update. I'm very hopeful that it will be successful. I'm hoping that the limited planned schedule will have to be expanded due to public demand. I also hope the people East of Nashville support it as much as possible. If they do, the other proposed lines (many shoulf have higher ridership than this one) will follow.

Dave, I'm jealous of your wildlife photography skills. Great shots of that hawk, man! How close were you able to get to it to get such close up shots?

That's a great shot Dave.

It was a bit freaky when his body didn't move, but his head turned all the way around to look at me. Wish I could do that.

People give me funny looks too when I turn my head all the way around and my body doesnt move either. Oh I'm sorry that was when I was running around with Linda Blair. :lol:

Archived