70 story hotel/condo tower proposed

bobliocatt

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I understand where 95-souf is coming from. He didn't seem condescending to me.... I think Jax and Miami are like apples to oranges. Different development environments, there really is no need to compare.

Thank you, Urban Legend..... Couldnt have said it better.

Although there is one thing I can say for certain no matter where in Florida you live,.. The housing boom is slowing a bit and we ALL need to cross our fingers untill all of these "High-rises" are Approved, Constructed, and Completed before we end up with a bunch of stale proposed 70 and 80 story buildings that never were built....

• 4 months later...

Definitely. The Shipyards will help to frame it in nicely.

Also, don't let my modeling decieve you. There are tons of buildings left to model, not to mention the Hart Expressway running right next to it, so it won't stick out quite as bad as you're seeing.

Here is an idea of what it will look like on the skyline. I've been working on modeling it in Google Earth

ScreenHunter_003.jpg

ScreenHunter_002-2.jpg

I know the coloring is off but the scale should be pretty close.

Nice job on those renderings, we could sure use you over in the Charlotte forum.

Heh, I have my hand full with all that's going on in Jax!

You should try it yourself, its all free. Just download Google Earth and then download Google SketchUp (I think its beta).

The software is pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it.

• 5 months later...

I'm assuming you're using SketchUp to model your buildings. If so, there is an icon called "Get Current View". Its a blue ball with an orange arrow pointing to the left.

First step: Open Google Earth and zoom to the area where you want to place your building

Second step: Open Sketchup and click the "Get Current View" icon described above and an image will appear in black and white.

Thrid step: Draw your building or copy in one that you've already drawn. Once your building is done, click the icon to the right of the "Get Current View" icon called "Place Model". This will place your building in the exact spot you drew it.

Hopefully that helps. :thumbsup:

Archived