Hyatt Place Hotel

Florida

With its location i think it would be awsome to see the roof lined with state and American Flags. At only 7 stories, i think it would not be too tacky. Even having the flags lean over monroe would bring alot of visual activity. They could shine spotlights on them at night! But seeing some neon will be nice for sure. I am concerned about the boring roof on the west wing (call st). But i cannot imagine much more outta a 7 story building. Unless giving more greenspace up to add hieght.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I can imagine a few alternative designs that are more than boxes. L shaped buildings are ok if they have some sort of corner features, but I don't see that in the design of this building. Moreover, I personally don't want anything in Downtown Tallahassee to look just like another building in any other city. Sure I'm fine with borrowing ideas, but we should always put our own twist on things. I don't know... maybe its just me... what do you think?

Archived