Place Properties Tallahassee

Florida

Place Properties Student Housing Complex

Tallahassee, FL

PlaceProperties1.jpg

Rendering for Tallahassee Building

Gaines Street may be 574 beds closer to becoming Tallahassee's vibrant entertainment district. What better to anchor the area than a student housing complex that will begin a trend toward catering to the nearly 55,000 students that share the Corridor (Florida State and Florida A&M University). This type of property has been tried in several other college towns and has proven to be a very succesful venture for not only the company, but the campuses themselves wishing to bring students closer to campus to allievate some parking concerns.

One of the first things I noticed about the design of this building is it is five stories. The second thing I noticed is it continues along the same theme as the Marriott Residence Inn already under construction at the corner of Gaines and Railroad. This project, however, will be at the corner of Gaines and Gay, the south side.

As exciting as the look of the building is, more exciting is the retail component. People will have a reason to walk between the two schools for not only residentail use, but retail and dining as well. Imagine the view from a room when for a home football game! And you don't have to look for parking either.

As we can see with the color scheme used, and the height, this building is already ready to move fast thru permitting which means it could be going vertical sometime between the 2nd and 3rd quarters of 2006! I can't wait!

:yahoo:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marriott Residence Inn Hotel

tala1.jpg

This theme along Gaines Street will be especially attractive, and inviting. Two pieces closer to making Gaines Street and downtown Tallahassee more inviting. If the theme continues, Gaines will feel like a home away from home for many from South Florida, which goes well for Tallahassee's role as a state captial.

But they wouldn't be for sale like the condos. The condo developers pushed for presales before their projects started to generate revenues and get financing and such. But I do think if they start off renting them until they pay for themselves, then afterwards they could turn around and sell them for a good price.

Place Properties Student Housing Complex

Tallahassee, FL

PlaceProperties1.jpg

Rendering for Tallahassee Building

I agree! I think this project is awesome. If this type of stuff was around when I was ready to go to college I would have stayed in Tallahassee! For me, leaving town was what I thought I needed to do... but Grand Rapids isn't all that different... and I miss the my family and friends. Plus, all this new growth is very attractive. It makes me feel good that Tallahassee is changing for the better. I love all of these new projects I've seen. I didn't realize there were so many.

Hey Dannie! I think as alot of the work continues to progress throughout our city, the young people growing up here will start to see the potential and want to stick around. We're only in the first wave of change, and surely there is plenty to come. But I'm excited about our opportunity to retain alot of our own who want to be apart of their city's change and progress.

Better late than never is a good attitude to adopt right now. The thing I like about Tallahassee is there are so many wealthy people that had been sitting on their money, now wanting to invest in the community. And what's great, a new model for development has been established in the Capital City... no longer is the 200+ acre development the only way to build housing, although I do believe that the traditional home will become a luxury item in the future.

Archived