Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GeorgeCostanza2

Vancouver in 2010

19 posts in this topic

I for one have always liked Vancouvers skyline..but it always bothered me that such an amazingly dense skyline is really just a sea of buildings the same size

Thank god there are 3 towers U/C that will be Vancouvers tallest ever, & right in time for the olympics

Here they are, going from shortest to tallest:

Shaw Tower

28vancouver-shawtower04.jpg

28vancouver-shawtower-aerial.jpg

801 West Georgia

My personal favourite

28vancouver-801westgeorgia09.jpg

28vancouver-801westgeorgia.jpg

1120 West Georgia

The tallest

28vancouver-1120westgeorgia-georgiastreet.jpg

impact on skyline

18georgia.jpg

& finally... heres renderings of what the three buildings will do to the skyline

161120wgeorgia03.jpg

161120wgeorgia08.jpg

161120wgeorgia10.jpg

161120wgeorgia09.jpg

161120wgeorgia01.jpg

There are also tons of other condos going up everywheres

& i dont know the status on this one, but it looks pretty tall

550butefront40.jpg

That last one looks very nice. I think it will be a great addtion to the skyline

Great news for Vancouver. I really want to go there someday. Vancouver has the density, so it's nice to see them starting to build some taller buildings. If they could get a few more tall landmark towers, they'd have an awesome skyline.

BTW, what is the height limit in Vancouver?

im not sure what the height limit is, but i know the last tower is above it, so things are moving in the right direction

ill try to find out what it is for ya though

I answered my own question. Vancouver's height limit is 450 feet. 1120 West Georgia is 200 feet taller than the height limit (it's 57 floors/650 feet).

They will be great additions to the Vancouver skyline. it will be impressive when they have been completed.

Update: The Shaw tower is complete(489ft). And 1120 West Georgia which is now called Living Shangri-La1120 is underconstruction(642ft). 687 Howe has been approved(532ft). The Fringe Towers are proposed at 800ft but I dont think its likely to get get approved but who knows.

I've heard real estate is expensive in Vancouver. How much do 1BR condos go for in the downtown area? Just a ballpark figure. Thanks.

I've heard real estate is expensive in Vancouver. How much do 1BR condos go for in the downtown area? Just a ballpark figure. Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

$250 - $350 depending on square footage, location etc.

Great pictures, thanks for posting all of them!

I would like it better if 801 West Georgia was the tallest, but all the projects look great anyhow.

Vancouver is a beautiful city and has great architecture. I hope to visit someday. Why do most Canadian cities have extremely small suburbs and huge cities?

Just curious. Are these new buildings going to be office or residential?

Vancouver is a beautiful city and has great architecture. I hope to visit someday. Why do most Canadian cities have extremely small suburbs and huge cities?

They dont. Vancouver is closing in on 600,000. Metro is close to 2.2 mil.

Vancouver is such an mazing city, I can't wait for the Games. Whats going on with the Pan-Pacific deal? Are the logos of the building changing at all? Vancouver, your amazing..