Do feel that Fayetteville, NC could ever compete against all the other NC regions?

Cape_Fear_Boi

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's also supposed to be near an area (Robeson County). Where the Lumbee Indians live. I believe its one of the highest concentrations of Native Americans in the east. It definately has cultural diversity.

HAHA! Native Americans .... sure. They're just confused if you ask me. :blink:

Anyways, back to the subject. Fayetteville is an okay city. I think it just has some image problems to combat. However, I don't try to rule out the possiblity of it being a major player one day.

There is too much going on in Raleigh and Charlotte that takes away potential for Fayetteville.

That does not make any sense because theres no potential taken away towards the Triad, Wilmington and Asheville that also got a lot going on as well. Comparing Fayetteville to the states two largest metro areas is like comparing to Jacksonville or Goldsboro that also host military bases. Fayetteville just has a larger population due to its LARGE military operations, thats all.

If it was not for any military in F'ville, it would be the size of Rocky Mt. or Wilson as i mentioned before.

That does not make any sense because theres no potential taken away towards the Triad, Wilmington and Asheville that also got a lot going on as well. Comparing Fayetteville to the states two largest metro areas is like comparing to Jacksonville or Goldsboro that also host military bases. Fayetteville just has a larger population due to its LARGE military operations, thats all.

If it was not for any military in F'ville, it would be the size of Rocky Mt. or Wilson as i mentioned before.

The Triad is a major growth region that's partially competing with the Triangle and Charlotte. Asheville and Wilmington are good tourist destinations. Fayetteville has a riverfront, but is otherwise out of the way, very hot much of the time, and next to a military base. That's something it can't shake.

The map i found in a google search proves that you are right, geologically speaking :thumbsup:

Read this article about the sandhills, its very interesting about the weather that occurs. From years of living in Moore County, i can relate to this article very well. Humidity in the winter is not unusual

That is a very interesting article! No wonder the Sandhills area looks so coastal, even though it is in the central/southern Piedmont! I would even go so far to say that is looks more coastal than Fayetteville, even though it is further inland and in a different region. The Sandhills are also much hillier than Fayetteville, hence it's name.

Yeah, Moore County is quite nice, and people from Fayetteville can make the short drive west for a nice resort feel. It feels and looks very different and is resort-ish compared to any other place in the Piedmont.

Fayetteville is a military town, period. I doubt that will ever change. Many bases around the country are closing and moving to Bragg. There's a ton of development going on, the number of new apartments is really crazy. They've been trying to improve downtown over the years and there's an emtpy lot down there with a sign that says mixed use retail/condos are being built. Ramsey is seeing a lot of development thanks to 295, but on the wrong side, way north of downtown. I have a feeling a new mall will be built ALL the way on the other side of town, on the west side of Raeford Rd, damn near at the county line, this is the area that (I think) is anexed now (they are/were fighting for over a year), and will probably see the most growth over the years. If anyone drops off 95 to check out "Fayettenam" find Morganton Rd. and head to the west side of town, the east side has a looooong way to go.

• 2 years later...

Archived