Adding to the list....

Dave and Busters

Starbucks near Dickson

Cosco

Tex-Mex Restaurants

PF Changs

Jcrew

Another Luxury Hotel

Amphitheater (besides the AMP at the mall)

Arts District

Music Scene

Another Museum

Midrise Buildings

Better Infrasturcture near Joyce and College (they just need to fix that problem bad)

2 huge Condo towers to the East of the Landers Dealership (20 stories)-make a mixed use development

Stadium Seating Theater (coming soon)

Yeah I'd certainly like to see more of a music and arts scene here. I'd also like to have a more permanent music venue other than the AMP. It's nice that we have it but I wish we also had something more permanent and also preferably closer to the downtown area. I wish we could develop more of a music scene like Austin. I'd also like to have a little more than the Walton Arts Center. I'd like to see a more permanent art gallery here. But at least that's going to happen in Bentonville. I'd really like to see a museum here. Something affiliated with the Smithsonian would be great. Once again I'd prefer this to be near the downtown area. An aquarium would be great too. I'd like to see more mixed-use buildings pop up including some areas other than the Dickson St/Square area. Revitalizing some of our main arteries in the city like College Ave and 6th St. More midrise buildings also, although I can see some concerns of their being any taller buildings for now at least. As much as I'd like to see some high rise in NWA I am also not wanting to ruin the 'feel' Fayetteville has. I guess I'm a bit torn on that one. Wanting a more urban dense feel but at the same time not trying to make Fayetteville into a possible Little Rock. Little Rock is a nice city, don't get me wrong, but I don't want Fayetteville to change to simply try to be like another city. Although I also realize this may end up cutting down on some possible growth because of this too. But I would rather see Fayetteville grow upwards instead of outwards. Let's get a nice midrise area going then we can worry about any possible highrises afterwards, in my opinion.

Fayetteville should really take a good look at Austin.

The city is practically a mirror image of it. Austin has done a tremedous job with Urban Planning and Downtown Mixed-Use Development.

I would also like to see an arts district, with a museum and an art museum. The Aquarium got turned down last time, but I think 5 years from now, the city will be just the right size for one.

I've mentioned some of my bigger wishes earlier but thought I should mention some of the smaller things. I would like to see more restaurants of course. Particularly some more ethnic restaurants we don't have yet. RemusCal mentioned Buster and Dave's which would be a nice addition to the city in my opinion. I'd like to have some areas for people, particularly adults, to go and get some entertainment. Not sure if I know enough to suggest any particular restaurants. I do wish we could have some New Mexico style restaurants here. I really enjoy the food when I'm visiting out there. I wouldn't mind being able to have a taste of that here too.

I want to hear some wishes from Fayetteville Residents and NWA Residents on what the City needs.

I'll start.

Raw Food Restaurant

Another Starbucks

Condo Development on College

Another 8 Floor Condo Development near the Square and Renaissance Development

Middle East Restaurant

I recall there being a Greek/Middle East restaurant on N College that I've visited a couple of times. It's been a few years and I can't remember the name of it but it was a pleasant restaurant with a nice atmosphere and the food was pretty spicy.

No, I was referring back to the restaurant Masons_dad1 was talking about. But no Qdoba is more southwest style.

I believe Matt was right about Kosmos being the name of the Greek restaurant I was referring to. I ate at the Pesto Cafe in 1998 before it moved to it's current location and I believe it's authentic Italian cuisine. It had better atmosphere in it's prior location in front of that motel where there is now another restaurant.

I'd like to see a Dave Busters or a Jilians Restaurant somewhere in NWA.

BTW, what kind of restaurants are in New Mexico?

Tex-Mex? Pure Mexican?

Oops sorry Matt, I missed this post. New Mexico has it's own style of food. It's not pure Mexican, although it does share some influences from Chihuahuan cuisine. But it is also influenced a lot by the Pueblo Indians living in that area. Traditionally it uses pork a lot and green chile peppers. I guess it's a bit hard to describe. If you hear of any 'southwest' style food or restaurants that style is based off of the newer cuisine coming out of Sante Fe.

See, I knew it was a Greek/Middle Eastern restaurant!

Thanks das, my memory isn't what it used to be. Kosmos sounds familiar but Acropolis definitely set off alarms of recognition in my head. Even brought back an aftertaste of what I had for dinner there 8 years ago. :shok:

Kosmos is a new Greek restaurant that just opened on Dickson St not long ago. :D

Masons Dad - You are referring the restaurant named Acropolis which is on North College Avenue just north of the EZ Mart which is just north of Evelyn Hills Shopping Center.

1618 N College Ave, Fayetteville, AR 72703

Mcheiss

Are you from the Middle East ? I have some friends in the Fayetteville area who are from Iran. They frequent the Dallas area and enjoy Middle Eastern cuisine there.

My family is from Doha, Qatar. My parents moved to the US in the early 80's to Atlanta, Georgia. Then, they moved to Bentonville where my parents went to work for Walmart. I have never lived in Qatar, but I do have plenty of family there and I am 100% Qatarian. So my parents live seperately in the US from me, so it's really just the three of us from my whole family that don't live in Qatar.

• 2 weeks later...

Today's Morning News...

Alice Church, manager of the Northwest Arkansas Mall in Fayetteville, said she is working to lease spaces vacated when the temporary Wilson's Leather shop closes. Petite Sophisticate and Casual Corner also are shutting down.

Church said mall representatives are negotiating with a national chain clothing store, that does not have a store in the mall or the region, to fill the Wilson's Leather temporary space in the Sears wing.

She'd like an upscale store, such as women's clothing retailer Ann Taylor Loft, and another sit-down restaurant like a California Pizza Kitchen.

The mall has a Garfield's casual dining, sit-down restaurant that has been open for approximately one year.

The mall is owned by the Macerich Co., which Church said has a high national profile that helps make national retailers aware of the Fayetteville mall.

"The occupancy is in the 90 percent range. We don't have a lot of spaces left to pick from," Church said.

Today's Morning News...

Alice Church, manager of the Northwest Arkansas Mall in Fayetteville, said she is working to lease spaces vacated when the temporary Wilson's Leather shop closes. Petite Sophisticate and Casual Corner also are shutting down.

Church said mall representatives are negotiating with a national chain clothing store, that does not have a store in the mall or the region, to fill the Wilson's Leather temporary space in the Sears wing.

She'd like an upscale store, such as women's clothing retailer Ann Taylor Loft, and another sit-down restaurant like a California Pizza Kitchen.

The mall has a Garfield's casual dining, sit-down restaurant that has been open for approximately one year.

The mall is owned by the Macerich Co., which Church said has a high national profile that helps make national retailers aware of the Fayetteville mall.

"The occupancy is in the 90 percent range. We don't have a lot of spaces left to pick from," Church said.

That's interesting to hear. I've avoided the mall for a while now because of the holiday shopping. And when I did go I only went to one of two places and didn't bother looking around much. I might have to check out what's going on over there sometime.

Today's Morning News...

I hate to tell her, but I think Ann Taylor Loft is going to come to the Promenade or Pleasant Crossing. But I would like to see another Upscale Sit Down Restaurant in the Mall.

It's good to hear that there is 90% occupancy.

I hate to tell her, but I think Ann Taylor Loft is going to come to the Promenade or Pleasant Crossing. But I would like to see another Upscale Sit Down Restaurant in the Mall.

It's good to hear that there is 90% occupancy.

Yeah I think the Northwest Arkansas Mall has always done pretty well since I started living here. I do think when Macerich bought it, they brought some more prominent retail in. I figure they might slip down a little after all this new retail going in up in Rogers. But I still think the mall will do okay. I don't think it's going to have the problems that a lot of other malls in Arkansas are having for quite a while.

Yeah I think the Northwest Arkansas Mall has always done pretty well since I started living here. I do think when Macerich bought it, they brought some more prominent retail in. I figure they might slip down a little after all this new retail going in up in Rogers. But I still think the mall will do okay. I don't think it's going to have the problems that a lot of other malls in Arkansas are having for quite a while.

When I moved here in 1998 it was to take over management of the new World of Science store at NWA Mall. The Mall had a great selection of stores back then. My store was one of the top 3 stores in the company of over 300 stores. Of course I left the company a year before they went out of business and the Mall wasn't able to find another store like it so they put a new shoe store there.

Now a few years later Kay Bee Toys closed and the Mall put a new clothing store there. NWA Mall has become nothing more than a Trendy Fashion Mall, which I detest. A Mall should be a town center that caters to everybody, not just people looking for an expensive pair of shoes.

Even the Southwest Trading Company closed it's doors at the Mall to reopen in a bigger location in Bentonville.

When I moved here in 1998 it was to take over management of the new World of Science store at NWA Mall. The Mall had a great selection of stores back then. My store was one of the top 3 stores in the company of over 300 stores. Of course I left the company a year before they went out of business and the Mall wasn't able to find another store like it so they put a new shoe store there.

Now a few years later Kay Bee Toys closed and the Mall put a new clothing store there. NWA Mall has become nothing more than a Trendy Fashion Mall, which I detest. A Mall should be a town center that caters to everybody, not just people looking for an expensive pair of shoes.

Even the Southwest Trading Company closed it's doors at the Mall to reopen in a bigger location in Bentonville.

I can see where you're coming from and I admit I wouldn't mind some more selection than mainly just clothing stores. But if this is working well for them then so be it. I imagine the mall could do a better job at finding some non-clothing stores but in the case of KB I can't think of any other toy store that could have taken it's place. But the mall might have to start looking at some other options because I think some of the new Rogers shopping centers are going to get some nice clothing stores themselves and the mall might have to branch out more to compete.

I can see where you're coming from and I admit I wouldn't mind some more selection than mainly just clothing stores. But if this is working well for them then so be it. I imagine the mall could do a better job at finding some non-clothing stores but in the case of KB I can't think of any other toy store that could have taken it's place. But the mall might have to start looking at some other options because I think some of the new Rogers shopping centers are going to get some nice clothing stores themselves and the mall might have to branch out more to compete.

Good point. I do like "Romancing The Stone", "Build-A-Bear", "Spencer Gifts", "Hot Topic", and "Choices", but I for one would like to see a "Brookstone", "Discovery Channel Store", "William-Sonoma", "F.A.O. Schwarz", "Air Traffic Kites & Games", and a "HobbyTown USA".

Archived