Why the lack of states in the west forum?

tim2462

I'm just curious as to why there are only a few states in this forum. I know the other states could support them. I am most active in the Arkansas forum and we have a large forum with a subforum. Almost all of the southern states have forums...why no Arizona or Colorado forum?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just curious as to why there are only a few states in this forum. I know the other states could support them. I am most active in the Arkansas forum and we have a large forum with a subforum. Almost all of the southern states have forums...why no Arizona or Colorado forum?

I think most of it is because there's just not enough interest or people for many of the western states. It doesn't always equate into how populous a state is either. There's more activity in the Arkansas forum than the Texas forum. Despite there's a huge difference in populations between the two states. I imagine if there is more activity in the western states there will be more individual state forums here.

I can't guarantee anything but I'd suggest that people keep posting. I've seen a lot of people including myself that came across this site by accident. I was doing a search on some development in Arkansas and this was one of the sites that popped up. For a long time I was the only person from my metro in the state but I kept posting away. Seemed futile and I felt I was the only person paying much attention to the NWA topics but it paid off and got some more people who came across the site by doing a search on some of the topics I had posted about. You never know. I certainly wouldn't have expected Arkansas to do so well compared to other highly populated southern states.

You know, I would at least expect there to be a Nevada forum, considering the fact that Las Vegas is the fastest growing cities in the country.

It could happen soon. It wasn't too long ago I was hearing the same thing about New Orleans over in the Southern US forum.

• 1 month later...

If you want to grow interest for you state on UP I'd look at the success the forumers have had in the Grand Rapids Michigan forum, Grand Rapids is a small to midsize city / Metro area, but it's one of the most viewed forums on the site. I think a big part of the success, has to do with the posting of articles on new developements, or things of interest with in the given city or metro area. Alot of people stumble accross UP looking for information on something else. I just moved to the Phoenix area, and I fully intend on staying informed on what's happening in Phoenix, to see if I cant help Grow the Phoenix/ AZ part of the forum!

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to grow interest for you state on UP I'd look at the success the forumers have had in the Grand Rapids Michigan forum, Grand Rapids is a small to midsize city / Metro area, but it's one of the most viewed forums on the site. I think a big part of the success, has to do with the posting of articles on new developements, or things of interest with in the given city or metro area. Alot of people stumble accross UP looking for information on something else. I just moved to the Phoenix area, and I fully intend on staying informed on what's happening in Phoenix, to see if I cant help Grow the Phoenix/ AZ part of the forum!

Exactly. I stumbled across this site because I was searching for something Arkansas related and found a topic here even before there was an Arkansas forum. A few of us started posting Arkansas topics and eventually got a forum. I at the time was the only person from northwest Arkansas and kept posting info and develop news even though I seemed to be the only one mainly participating in those topics. But others stumbled across them and we have a pretty good active small group of forumers for the northwest Arkansas forum. We don't have the numbers that other forums have but I think we're doing pretty good. It's not a lot of fun but if you keep posting I think people will start coming across your info when they are searching.

I have to chime in and say that I agree with this 100%. The same thing has happened here in Greenville and Upstate South Carolina. Just take a look at THIS THREAD for evidence to support this. The best way to get people involved seems to be consistantly posting threads commenting on development projects, news, etc. for your area. Other people interested in these developments will be able to find your posts and will join in the discussion just as I did.

Get the content in and get the word out! That's my philosophy. :thumbsup:

Just keep posting. I'd love to see more cities on here. I always pass through the new posts section and add my 2 cents. You should post pics of your cities. Existing buildings as well as new and propsed. it would help to orient folks who have not been there. A skyline shot is always good to see, or just a particularly handsome part of town.

Keep in mind too that there are other sites out there that focus on urban development projects with message forums with a regional focus that get a ton of action. One, for example, has a very active Denver crowd with 30 or so regulars that make hundreds of posts a week.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I was wondering that, too.

Ahoy, maties.

This is my first trip since you all changed servers and spruced up. I believe last time I was here I was twittering about Nashville areas, trying to decide whether to go there or to Colorado...?

Anyway, we've been out here in Tucson for about four months.

REALLY surprised to not see Arizona, at least Phoenix represented as Maricopa county is supposed to be the third largest population-wise in the country now with 75 people per day entering in.

I can't guarantee anything but I'd suggest that people keep posting. I've seen a lot of people including myself that came across this site by accident. I was doing a search on some development in Arkansas and this was one of the sites that popped up. For a long time I was the only person from my metro in the state but I kept posting away. Seemed futile and I felt I was the only person paying much attention to the NWA topics but it paid off and got some more people who came across the site by doing a search on some of the topics I had posted about. You never know. I certainly wouldn't have expected Arkansas to do so well compared to other highly populated southern states.

I came across this site by accident as well, searching for things related to Shreveport... and NCB just happened to have a thread going on Shreveport so I ended up here.

Yeah, I was wondering that, too.

Ahoy, maties.

This is my first trip since you all changed servers and spruced up. I believe last time I was here I was twittering about Nashville areas, trying to decide whether to go there or to Colorado...?

Anyway, we've been out here in Tucson for about four months.

REALLY surprised to not see Arizona, at least Phoenix represented as Maricopa county is supposed to be the third largest population-wise in the country now with 75 people per day entering in.

JackieO if you are interested in helping to get it off the ground, we will setup Arizona.

I stummbled on the site as well doing research on the Boise Idaho area. I am originally from MI but now live and work in the real estate industry in the Scottsdale/Phoenix market. Interesting site and could lead to good contacts. I develop and broker commercial property here and am looking for opportunities to develop small infill live/work units in downtown area. Working well in both Phoenix and Scottsdale and there finally appears to be some decent architecture and planning on some of the projects.

• 3 weeks later...

If there is any hope, I started posting here in early 2004, & was most interested in the well established NC forum, the then growing SC forum & the GA forum. The GA forum was only home to a moderator that posted news articles with very few replies, including a few from me. Otherwise it was dead. So I left...

I came back a year later & it was just starting to catch on, later through the summer of 2005 I would say it had grown to the current level. Not nearly as much as the SC, NC or FL forums - but not too bad. So give it time - eventually (especially if I'm ever able to move to CO) it will pick up.

• 5 months later...

It seems like the Colorado forum is still struggling to attract interest. There are a ton of Denver forumers on SSP... maybe they just like it there. :P

You need to hurry up and move out here and whip this place into shape TR. Until then I'll try to post as much as I can and try to find people interested in posting here, but I'm not sure how easy that will be.

Archived