Clemson Area Updates

GSP Tiger

Quiznos on College Avenue has gone dark. Looks like there is construction going on in the space, however. I'll try to find out what's going in there. Also, Groucho's Deli has opened at the end of Keith St. downtown. Awful looking building. Vinyl siding, looks like a doublewide.

This sounds like the building where Keith Street Bar & Grille is (or used to be). Did it close?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aw crap. Keith Street was one of my favorite establishments... I hate to hear that it's gone. It's good that Groucho's is in Clemson. I wonder how Clemson will embrace it seeing as how its a Five Points original :rolleyes: I'm not sure I can picture the location though. How can any business operate behind McClure? That seems too far off the beaten path (ie: College Ave)

Aw crap. Keith Street was one of my favorite establishments... I hate to hear that it's gone. It's good that Groucho's is in Clemson. I wonder how Clemson will embrace it seeing as how its a Five Points original :rolleyes: I'm not sure I can picture the location though. How can any business operate behind McClure? That seems too far off the beaten path (ie: College Ave)

Keith Street closed over a year ago. It was replaced by a lounge-type bar that operated under the name "The Den". It closed last fall.

The Groucho's Deli location is very much off the beaten path. However, it's located in-line with the street where it ends. So, looking up Keith Street from College Ave, you have an unobstructed view of a little house-turned-restaurant... check it out on google maps: here

Keith Street closed over a year ago. It was replaced by a lounge-type bar that operated under the name "The Den". It closed last fall.

The Groucho's Deli location is very much off the beaten path. However, it's located in-line with the street where it ends. So, looking up Keith Street from College Ave, you have an unobstructed view of a little house-turned-restaurant... check it out on google maps: here

Oh ok. That makes sense. I agree that it's a weird building. You can see it in street view all boarded up with a tarp.

• 1 month later...

Guthrie's on 123 is gone and has been replace by Miami Subs. Not sure that Clemson really needs another sub place, but hey, at least they serve beer.

The Quizno's on College Ave is still dark and not much appears to be going on there.

Also, there was an article in The Greenville Snooze the other day on the old Asto Theater and the City of Clemson's efforts to purchase it for a performing arts/live events venue in addition to parking for the city park next door....

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2010304250033

Guthrie's on 123 is gone and has been replace by Miami Subs. Not sure that Clemson really needs another sub place, but hey, at least they serve beer.

The Quizno's on College Ave is still dark and not much appears to be going on there.

Also, there was an article in The Greenville Snooze the other day on the old Asto Theater and the City of Clemson's efforts to purchase it for a performing arts/live events venue in addition to parking for the city park next door....

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2010304250033

The Quizno's is suppose to be a Little Caesars. The upfit is almost done.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I saw that they recently tore down the shabby car wash in between that Chinese restaurant and the Pizza Hut on 123? I heard during the school year that Pizza Hut was rebuilding their store so maybe that's it? Can anyone confirm?

And IF Pizza Hut is rebuilding.... what should they put in their old location?

• 6 months later...

The Burger Joint is almost ready to open. It takes the place of an abandoned storefront that was formally Ancheaux. They have a nice new awning up in front of the space.

Here's there website: http://www.bgrtheburgerjoint.com/

Can't wait to try this place. The website looks great. Do you know the exact grand opening date?

Good to see Upstate get another "first" in South Carolina.

• 3 weeks later...

Clemson University announced its plan to upgrade its athletic facilities. The total plan will cost $50 million which will be raised through private donations and other AD funds. It's a prettty impressive list of projects for the university. Take a look here:

http://www.clemson.edu/media-relations/article.php?article_id=3274

I ate their this week. It's pretty good. It has a alternative/rock music theme and it's reasonably priced.

OK, now I can't wait to go to the one in Clemson. Had a meeting today in DC near Dupont Circle, so ducked in the one on Connecticut. Not wanting to have "breath" for my meeting and eating healthier, I was restrained, but I did the Rosemary Yukon Golds.....fantastic! I liked the atmosphere....great crowd of Duponties as I call them. Home on Friday and thinking about giving the Clemson location a try this weekend.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Clemson University is building high-end apartments as part of a $123.5 million student village that will accommodate students studying at a nearby technical college planning to transfer to Clemson.

Upperclassmen and graduate students will fill 700 beds at the apartments. Students participating in the Bridge to Clemson program will fill an additional 700 beds, said Gerald Vander Mey, director of university planning and design.

More info: http://www.independe...ds-campus-2015/

Archived