The New York-L.A.-Chicago of the South

citygurl04

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To tell the truth.....none. They, like every other metro in the country are a step or two lower than those mega cities. However, depending on what's most important to you, if we have to have a "big three" it would be Washington DC and a toss-up between Miami, Houston, Dallas and Atlanta. So if I have to give a top three it would be:

Washington DC (culture/urbanity), Miami (entertainment/tourism) & Houston (business). While other cities also excell in these areas, I chose these because I believe they are the most comsopolitan and diverse cities in the South.

I'll venture that the closest one is Atlanta as the Chicago of the South (despite the fact that some call it the NY of the South). By that, I mean Chicago is the Midwest region's "signature city" and Atlanta is the closest thing to being the southeast region's "signature city."

Dallas, Houston, and Miami are maybe as important and large as Atlanta on a national scale, but because of their location at the very edges of the region, aren't as influential within the region. I probably worded that poorly, but hopefully people can tell what I'm trying to say. Too much egg nog :shades:

New york = Atlanta , alot of the new yorkers live there

Chicago= Nashville , well all i see around town is illinois license plates and i am one of the thousands of chicagoans that call nashville home.

L.A. = Houston, come on the skyscapers look similar and the areas are similar and sugarland is the beverly hills of the south and u have the gulf with the palm trees..

New york = Atlanta , alot of the new yorkers live there

Chicago= Nashville , well all i see around town is illinois license plates and i am one of the thousands of chicagoans that call nashville home.

L.A. = Houston, come on the skyscapers look similar and the areas are similar and sugarland is the beverly hills of the south and u have the gulf with the palm trees..

River Oaks is the Beverly Hills of the south not Sugarland.

The Beverly Hills of the true south would be Buckhead, IMO. Not that south Florida isn't in the south, it's more Geographically southern than Atlanta, but Atlanta is a lot more culturally southern

You know what though, let's stop comparing southern cities to cities in other areas because we are our own unique cities. We're going to develop very differently and pretty soon we won't even feel the need to compare ourselves to them

Due to the simple fact I have very little respect for this thread - I will entertain myself by listing the NYC, Chicago & LA for South CArolina:

NYC - Columbia

Chicago - Greenville

LA - Charleston

:lol: You are off the chain, the hook, and the wagon my friend! Although an argument can be made for Myrtle being SC's version of LA, or maybe SC version of Miami, mmmmm?

• 1 month later...

Well, considering NY, Chicago, and LA are the three most populous cities in the US, I would say that it should be Houston, Miami, and Atlanta, because they are the three most populous cities in the Southeast.

Last time I looked at a map, Los Angeles is in the South part of the USA.

Last time I checked, we are in the Southeastern Forum.

Archived