Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mcheiss

Burj Dubai or Al Burj?

Burj Dubai or Al Burj?   26 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the Better Tower in Dubai

• Burj Dubai
    • Al Burj

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 posts in this topic

There are two supertalls getting ready to duke it out in Dubai soon.

The Burj Dubai is currently under construction in Dubai, and once Completed it will be around 160 Floors tall and between 700-905 metres, making it the world's tallest building.

Yet, Al Burj has been announced in the past few months. Al Burj would easily pass Dubai as the world's tallest building at around 200 Floors!!!!

Which do you prefer?

Burj Dubai:

BurjDubai2.jpg

Al Burj:

AlBurj2.jpg

AlBurj.jpg

I like the Al Burj more. The Burj Dubai is pretty good, though.

EDIT:

This is my 3000th post here! :yahoo::yahoo:

They both look fantastic, but I like the design of the Burj Dubai more than the Al Burj.

^I picked Al Burj because it looked more like a tower as opposed to an oddly shaped, occupied, glass pyramid.

I still haven't really been able to "connect" with the Burj Dubai....perhaps it'll grow on me.

I picked Al Burj as well because it reminded be of the Sears Tower, which is one of my favorite US Skyscrapers.

^The top of Al Burj really does remind me of Sears Tower.

Hard for me to decide but I think I'd have to give the nod to Burj Dubai.

I like the massing of Burj Dubai; it's kind of organic.

The site plan and context seem stronger too -- much more urban than Al Burj.

Neither. I am still confused as to why either would be built (even though I know they will be)?

I know this doesn't show much on Burj Dubai, but you can see that construction has been progressing on it.

BurjDubai23.jpg

I like Burj Dubai better. It looks like it will be more interesting to look at in real life, not just the renderings. I'm afraid that when Al Burj gets built, it could just look like 2000 feet of an ugly concrete color and little windows.

I'm afraid that when Al Burj gets built, it could just look like 2000 feet of an ugly concrete color and little windows.

That's what a lot of people are saying about the building. At nightime, it's suppose to look amazing though.

I like Al Burj better. I've never really even seen Dubai's skyline before, it looks strait out of Sim City.

I have to vote Burj Dubai. For one, it is going to look incredible. Second, the company I work for is the constuction manager for the project. :P

These are both very dominating buildings, but I must choose the Burj Dubai because it is graceful and easy on the eyes, yet draws your attention to its apex far into the sky. :D