Westcoast Fitness retailer choses Pgh area for 2nd ever dist. center!

PghUSA

SunD,

You need to singularize the corrections, to be truly accurate about it you need to email the definition link I provided on "flagship", REI can call their locations unicorns but the Bizjournal being a media outlet should explain what exactly that means to REI, they don't do that.

"REI's flagship store in Denver." If you have pathos to correct that contact the Bizjournal for at least a further explanation of that term vis a vis REI.

Really SunD I have yet to read anything you corrected, I have read some alternative stats and facts, but the win totals and stats for two Pittsburgh guys, the export vs. chain-stores, the definition of "flagship", you have yet to address.

I enjoy your input Sun, but if you wish to make a correction to something I wrote (you've made some persuasive points on polls and REI internal language but those are "correcting" me), I am still waiting.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the point being raised is that instead of presenting facts or issues and then discussing them, you too have a habit of just viciously posting at one another and everyone stops paying attention to the thread.

AND before sundoger has a chance to say it. There is absolutely no way that Dicks or REI would ever buy each other, they are very disparate products.

Tooluther, I encourage you to re-read some of our posts, in defense of SunD, he as well as I did present fact vs. fact, issue vs. issue. I only regret that we went off-topic, my opinion of the discussion is that though heated it was a good healthy debate.

~~~

With Dick's buying REI, again I encourage you to re-read the post, I was referring to SunD's assumptive "if's". I feel that SunD's predictions have as much chance of happening as Dick's buying REI or pigs flying, actually there's a better chance since US Steel bought an oil company, the states largest native employer has become a hospital, and tweeny AEO is building HQs on the former site of a blast furnace.

I get the feeling some don't like these comparative discussions, that's fine, just please have the opinion you form be from reading our views in their entirety. I know we all skim some threads, but as much as I disagree with Sun on some things he is at times as thoughtful and nuanced in his discussions as I am, a soundbite won't explain what we are saying.

I get the feeling some don't like these comparative discussions, that's fine, just please have the opinion you form be from reading our views in their entirety. I know we all skim some threads, but as much as I disagree with Sun on some things he is at times as thoughtful and nuanced in his discussions as I am, a soundbite won't explain what we are saying.

I read the first few posts in their entirety. Then it started to get into coffee and football, so I began to skim them.

As I said I am not trying to criticize anyone, but I sometimes get the feeling that these debates have an undertone of "my city is better than your city" going on. It's easy to get into those kind of discussions, I have been guilty myself at times; but it kind of detracts from the subject at hand and it can create a somewhat unpleasant atmosphere.

I am more than happy to learn what REI stores in other cities are like, since we are talking about REI, but I lost interest the moment I sensed a competative tone in the discussion.

That's just my 2 cents :)

I read the first few posts in their entirety. Then it started to get into coffee and football, so I began to skim them.

As I said I am not trying to criticize anyone, but I sometimes get the feeling that these debates have an undertone of "my city is better than your city" going on. It's easy to get into those kind of discussions, I have been guilty myself at times; but it kind of detracts from the subject at hand and it can create a somewhat unpleasant atmosphere.

I am more than happy to learn what REI stores in other cities are like, since we are talking about REI, but I lost interest the moment I sensed a competative tone in the discussion.

That's just my 2 cents :)

took the words right out of my mouth/keyboard

Archived