West End Summit update

william

They might as well use that site as a dump or storage area. The way it looks

nobody has anyhting to do with that site.

Well I Feel like an a.. now that the project is in full swing. To anybody associated with

the Palmer project who read the last post I posted, I apologize. When I opened the paper this morning,

I ran in the house to see what was being said about the New renderings that look incredible

compared to the older renderings. To Palmer and his staff, It was worth the wait.

As far as the office tower, I think now that the hotel is locked in the tenant for the office

tower will be announced hear in the near future. Congradulations to Alex Palmer and

his staff!!!

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just for fun, I posted this on SSP early this morning. NO responses at all at this writing after noon. Amazing. If this had been a new Krispy Kreme in Raleigh (just an example, Raleigh, don't get excited) people would be all over it. That's why I love you guys, you talk, some talk dirty, some talk nice, some don't talk at all. This is great.

Skyscraper City only had one response, short and sweet. "Nice!" Better than nothin' I guess.

Poor ol' Nashville never has gotten much respect from SSP. But, do we really care?

I didn't think so. lol.

All the new buildings currently or certain to begin construction (including West End Summit) would make a pretty good skyline unto itself even for a mid-sized city.

It would look something like this.

NNS.jpg

And these are just some of the larger ones. I'm sure we will be hearing about others soon enough.

In two years time the skyline of Nashville will be a lot less recognizable than it is today. Great job PHofKS. If you are not careful, you will be giving Phil Ponder a run for his money. :)

Maybe one of our other artistic types with photo shop can give us a rendering with the current skyline too.

Thanks.

Took about an hour, more or less. No point in watching the Preds on TV today, after the first period that is, so I fiddled around with this.

Be glad you wasn't there. Like me.

Great work though on that montage.

I think the spa and health club occupy the two stories that are between the hotel and the condos. I believe there will be a 14 story hotel, followed by a 2 story spa and health club, topped by a nine story condo....total 25 stories. I count exactly 23 floors on the office tower rendering. Of course, if I'm wrong, it won't be the first time.

Hey Hankster, if I'm reading it correctly, the article says the taller tower will be the office tower. In height, it looks to be the same as the old rendering which is listed at 406' on Emporis. That could easily be wrong but I'm guessing the office tower would be around 400'. If the office floors were to be 14', that would put it at 350' plus the crown which looks to be about 50'. I don't know. That's my guess anyway.

I love the new look though! Starting in June! :yahoo:

I am ever so pleased to finally read that WES is going to get built. This will do alot to add to the connectivity of downtown and West End, and that IMO is a great step forward for the urban fabric of the city to move to the next level.

I also approve of the design. Very modern, but not too out there (for my preferences).

This is more of a question for people with more planning/architecture/business experience than I. I'm wondering what the chance is of WES spawning other projects on adjacent blocks. Also, if other large, similar projects are constructed on West End between downtown and 440 in the future, where might they go? One block I'd like to see redeveloped is the one directly across from Cathedral of the Incarnation. I know there are plans for the Fuddrucker's site, but I'd rather see the entire block redeveloped. It's sad that one of the more interesting buildings on West End faces three fast food restaurants across the street. Maybe there's some irony in the situation. Another underused 1/2 block is the one with Office Max [or whatever it is] and Blockbuster. I'm guessing the cost and land assembly for the sites themselves make a major project challenging anyway, citing WES.

It's about time. Congrats to Alex. Very patient man.

It has been stated that when ICON and Terrazo get going that this would be the first time two towers would go up next to each other. So I guess now we'll have two in the same project go up together.

Christmas in July, Two cranes for Alex please

I have checked on the Baker Story site and the plan is still for a 30,000 sq ft development at the Fudruckers location. Nothing big. We can only hope they have a little more foresight than a 2 story building with parking in the rear.

Yeah...a five-or-six-story building (with parking in the rear) would demonstrate some true foresight.

Since we were talking about a flat iron building for the lot across the street...

nashvilleflatiron3.jpg

It should of course be taller, but the angle made it tough to show the tapering at the front. Don't make fun of my art/architecture skills.

LOVE your building!!! Both the color and architecture!! If it were an announcement I'd be thrilled!!

^ Is the Baker Story project going to be that whole corner lot? I know Salathai is supposed to close here in a month or two, so I kind of figured it was going to be included with the Fuddruckers site.

As far as I know, it does not include Salathai or the other rest. behind it. This project needs a major overhaul and some foresight. This is much to valuable and high profile to be waisted on a 2 story building.

Archived