Should portion of Garfield Park go to the Salvation Army

GRDadof3

Ray Kroc Community Center  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Should the city sell a portion of Garfield Park for a new Community Center

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Apparently they are looking at the Catholic Diocese land on Burton now. The Diocese plans to move downtown to a new HQ. That, ladies and gentlemen, is the big project. VATICAN III!!!! :rofl:

You're so silly :blush: . The Diocese is moving into the building on Sheldon behind Goodwill (I think it's an organization for the blind now) on the same block as the Cathedral. By the way, Dad, why did this thread show up as having been recently updated (by moi no less) when the last post was weeks ago? It was weird. Maybe it's possessed :unsure: ?!

In my opinion, the move to the Diocese land on Burton would be a win/win/win situation: a win for the Diocese, since they wanted to sell that land, a win for the Salavation Army and the kids of GR, since the program would stay in the city/neighborhood, and a win for the Garfield Park neighbors and the city, since they would not have to give up any of the park and drag the city down in a legal mess as to whether or not they can/should do this. I hope this goes through :thumbsup:

You're so silly :blush: . The Diocese is moving into the building on Sheldon behind Goodwill (I think it's an organization for the blind now) on the same block as the Cathedral. By the way, Dad, why did this thread show up as having been recently updated (by moi no less) when the last post was weeks ago? It was weird. Maybe it's possessed :unsure: ?!

Each vote counts as activity in the threads. You continued to be listed as last poster, Paris, but whoever recently voted in the pole caused the thread to pop back to the top.

Each vote counts as activity in the threads. You continued to be listed as last poster, Paris, but whoever recently voted in the pole caused the thread to pop back to the top.

Okay, thanks. Also, I guess the Diocese is moving the other way down Sheldon, more toward Wealthy. I was little behind on the skinny on this one.

I believe the building the Diocese is looking to move to is directly across Goodrich from Catholic Central HS.

It is the SW corner of Sheldon and Goodrich. That is a block downtown we need more pictures of- Catholic Central has maintained a beautiful downtown campus for years now. Added together with the historic Cathedral of St. Andrew and St. Andrew's school, that whole pedestrian mall makes a great campus for the schools.

• 1 month later...

Archived