Night Shots of Little Rock

Mith242

Okay I hadn't really planned on stopping to take pics. I figured I should spend most of the time I had off with family. But while I was on my way down there apparently had been some accident as soon as I got off I-40 and on to I-30. After sitting there for quite a while na dbarely making any progress I decided to take the first exit I could and go ahead and take some shots. I didn't end up quite where I was expected. Everyone will have to be patient though. I'll have to download the pics resize them and then upload them but I'll try to have at least a few to look at, just as an appetizer. :D

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's hard to judge because it's a night shot but anyone have any idea what development this is? I ended up parking on the other side of it. The exit I took didn't quite go where I was expecting it. I ended up driving a little ways and just using the skyscrapers as a reference.

img57067qs.jpg

Okay here's a few shots just to give everyone a taste. I didn't noticed it at first but the lights at the top of the Metropolitan Bank Building were switching from red and green. A nice small touch.

img5663s6hs.jpg

img5665s3mo.jpg

img5668s2cz.jpg

img5670s0pf.jpg

More pics later, after I get something to eat and unpack a little.

I know it's hard to judge because it's a night shot but anyone have any idea what development this is? I ended up parking on the other side of it. The exit I took didn't quite go where I was expecting it. I ended up driving a little ways and just using the skyscrapers as a reference.

img57067qs.jpg

Is this the Federal Courthouse Expansion?

Okay while I was walking around I saw this church and decided to try to take a few pics of it too. Although I wish I could have taken some vertical pics of it. But with my tripod I'm limited to just horizontal shots. I think it was St Anthony's but I'm not positive.

img5692s2ho.jpg

img5694s6wa.jpg

img5695s3sl.jpg

img5697s4ag.jpg

img5699s3vx.jpg

Here's a taste of thing to come later. On my first photo trip in Little Rock I saw the Capitol from a distance but didn't take the time to go down to it. Since it was lit up this time I decided to walk down. I ended up spending 2 hours walking around Little Rock taking pics. Although I spent a lot of time walking to and from the Capitol. Guess I would have been better off going back to my car and then driving over a little closer.

img5705s6hm.jpg

Okay here's some shots of the Capitol. It was a bit of a walk but well worth it. I had heard it before while I was walking around but it wasn't until I got to the Capitol that I finally realized what the noise was, horse drawn carriages. I never heard anything about them being in Little Rock. Does anyone know if this is a usual occurance or where they just being used for the holidays? I noticed they used carriages larger than the ones used in Fayetteville. Anyway here's the shots. Those are some shiny doors, brass I'm assuming. The next to last shot I tried getting the reflection of the state flag on the door. The last pic is looking back eastward from the top of the Capitol steps.

img5707s3bt.jpg

img5709s1sx.jpg

img5711s3ll.jpg

img5713s8ci.jpg

img5715s2ji.jpg

img5716s3wu.jpg

img5717s0cq.jpg

img5720s6vj.jpg

img5721s8bi.jpg

img5723s8cy.jpg

img5724s8td.jpg

Very nice pictures to add to your huge collection :-)

Thanks, now I'll have to go back and get some daytime shots of it too. But I was pretty happy how the Capitol Buildings shots came out. I think they came out better than most of my other Little Rock night pics. I'm still trying to figure out a way of getting some of the skyscrapers to look the way I want them to in my night shots.

Here's a few more shots. Over near the River Market area. Back to the shots of the eagle statue and the Axciom Building in the background. It's a nice statue, wish we had something more like it up here in Fayetteville. :D

img5726s4xt.jpg

img5728s2cc.jpg

img5730s3bn.jpg

img5732s3rj.jpg

Later tonight or maybe tomorrow I'll post some night shots of the Clinton Library.

It's getting near the end of my pics. My last stop was the Clinton Presidential Library. I realize it's not everyone's favorite building but maybe some people will at least find some of the night shots of some interest. I found some interesting angles, at least on an architectural standpoint.

img5734s7cm.jpg

img5735s8xn.jpg

img5738s9uq.jpg

img5740s2ml.jpg

img5741s4cf.jpg

img5742s8qq.jpg

img5746s9sa.jpg

img5748s9hg.jpg

img5751s6nc.jpg

img5754s8vr.jpg

img5756s7fi.jpg

img5760s5kv.jpg

img5762s5vm.jpg

And here's the rest of the night shots of the Clinton Library and the last is one of the Heifer International Building going up nearby.

img5767s2yc.jpg

img5769s2rj.jpg

img5771s4lf.jpg

img5775s0vb.jpg

img5778s5so.jpg

img5779s5wn.jpg

img5780s5rj.jpg

img5765s5pv.jpg

I almost thought of stopping by Little Rock on my way back today. But I'm feeling a little under the weather and didn't think I was up to a lot of walking around. I'll just have to do it another time.

Here's a taste of thing to come later. On my first photo trip in Little Rock I saw the Capitol from a distance but didn't take the time to go down to it. Since it was lit up this time I decided to walk down. I ended up spending 2 hours walking around Little Rock taking pics. Although I spent a lot of time walking to and from the Capitol. Guess I would have been better off going back to my car and then driving over a little closer.

img5705s6hm.jpg

Wow, that's a great shot Mith!!

Such an Urban Shot, really does remind me of DC.

Here's some shots of the Bank of American Building. I know they've been doing this green Christmas tree back when it was still the Worthen Bank Building. Any idea how long this tradition has been going on?

Since I was a kid, at least 20 years.

There was one Jewish guy that refused to pull down his shade so there was always one black hole in the green tree on one side. I don't know if that's still true.

Archived