Night Shots of Little Rock

Mith242

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay while I was walking around I saw this church and decided to try to take a few pics of it too. Although I wish I could have taken some vertical pics of it. But with my tripod I'm limited to just horizontal shots. I think it was St Anthony's but I'm not positive.

img5695s3sl.jpg

You're close. It's St. Andrew's.

Okay here's some shots of the Capitol. It was a bit of a walk but well worth it. I had heard it before while I was walking around but it wasn't until I got to the Capitol that I finally realized what the noise was, horse drawn carriages. I never heard anything about them being in Little Rock. Does anyone know if this is a usual occurance or where they just being used for the holidays? I noticed they used carriages larger than the ones used in Fayetteville. Anyway here's the shots. Those are some shiny doors, brass I'm assuming. The next to last shot I tried getting the reflection of the state flag on the door. The last pic is looking back eastward from the top of the Capitol steps.

img5721s8bi.jpg

img5723s8cy.jpg

I'm not sure exactly when the horse-drawn carriages operate.

Those doors are actually bronze and were purchased from Tiffany's of New York. They're estimated to be worth $250,000.

You could have gone inside the Capitol and walked around to look at the Christmas decorations. I'm not sure what the hours are, if there are any, but people can just walk right in and look around. It's usually pretty busy. There's no staff on hand, but the building is just left open for visitors. There's also a Nativity scene made by Arkansas artisans on the Capitol grounds.

Here's a picture of the decorated interior.

Okay while I was walking around I saw this church and decided to try to take a few pics of it too. Although I wish I could have taken some vertical pics of it. But with my tripod I'm limited to just horizontal shots. I think it was St Anthony's but I'm not positive.

img5695s3sl.jpg

You're close. It's St. Andrew's.

Okay here's some shots of the Capitol. It was a bit of a walk but well worth it. I had heard it before while I was walking around but it wasn't until I got to the Capitol that I finally realized what the noise was, horse drawn carriages. I never heard anything about them being in Little Rock. Does anyone know if this is a usual occurance or where they just being used for the holidays? I noticed they used carriages larger than the ones used in Fayetteville. Anyway here's the shots. Those are some shiny doors, brass I'm assuming. The next to last shot I tried getting the reflection of the state flag on the door. The last pic is looking back eastward from the top of the Capitol steps.

img5721s8bi.jpg

img5723s8cy.jpg

I'm not sure exactly when the horse-drawn carriages operate.

Those doors are actually bronze and were purchased from Tiffany's of New York. They're estimated to be worth $250,000.

You could have gone inside the Capitol and walked around to look at the Christmas decorations. I'm not sure what the hours are, if there are any, but people can just walk right in and look around. It's usually pretty busy. There's no staff on hand, but the building is just left open for visitors. There's also a Nativity scene made by Arkansas artisans on the Capitol grounds.

staircase_lg.jpg

staircase_lg.jpg

At least I was close with the church's name. :D

I wish I had known the Capitol was open. A number of other people were out there taking pics but I never saw anyone go inside. Thanks for the info on the doors, they looked pretty impressive. Are they allowed to still have a Nativity scene on the Capitol grounds? I don't recall seeing one, but I admit I was trying not to spend too much time or else I could have taken a lot more pics. :D

At least I was close with the church's name. :D

I wish I had known the Capitol was open. A number of other people were out there taking pics but I never saw anyone go inside. Thanks for the info on the doors, they looked pretty impressive. Are they allowed to still have a Nativity scene on the Capitol grounds? I don't recall seeing one, but I admit I was trying not to spend too much time or else I could have taken a lot more pics. :D

There was a nativity scene there when I was a kid. At some point they decided to remove it for obvious reasons, whether you or I agree or not.

Believe it or not the Cathedral is probably the 2nd prettiest Catholic church downtown. St Edward's over by MacArthur Park and the Art Museum is even prettier.

There was a nativity scene there when I was a kid. At some point they decided to remove it for obvious reasons, whether you or I agree or not.

Believe it or not the Cathedral is probably the 2nd prettiest Catholic church downtown. St Edward's over by MacArthur Park and the Art Museum is even prettier.

There's lot to see and take pics of in Little Rock but I wouldn't mind taking a few more pics of some of the more exceptional churches around Little Rock. Most of what I have of churches is on film but I'm getting me a bit of a collection on digital too. A lot of the mission churches in New Mexico are really nice. I'm wanting to eventually get over to Stuttgart and take some pics of Emanuel Lutheran Church. Most of my relatives have ties to Stuttgart. The church was built in 1879 I believe and is one of the things that helped turn Stuttgart into a city.

Archived