Louisiana | Photo of the Day

NCB

^Haha, we won't be having a nice one tommorow as it will be pouring all day. Hopefully Fayetteville will get a nice sunset tommorow evening. :D

Yeah it was pretty dark and cloudy today. If we do have a nice one it will be a cold one. I've seen our high tomorrow only being in the 30's. I doubt I'll have time to go find a good vantage point for the sunset anyway. That is one bad aspect with the hills here.

^Haha, we won't be having a nice one tommorow as it will be pouring all day. Hopefully Fayetteville will get a nice sunset tommorow evening. :D

Well guess what...I was wrong! :lol:

It rained today from around 5 in the moring to 5 in the eveing(which is great since it is so dry) and rather than staying cloudy like predicted, the sky opened up and we actually had a pretty nice sunset again this evening.

I am starting to think that the weather around here is having fun with Rod, as there were no nice sunsets until we both talked about it, and since then we have had a nice sunset here every night. :P

IMG_1224.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

IMG_1229.jpg

IMG_1231.jpg

I posted this photo in the "French Quarter | New Orleans" thread in the Photos section as well.

A New Orleans Fire Department fire truck in Central Station in the French Quarter. Central Station is one of the oldest and most historic fire houses in the state. I think this picture came out pretty well, and it's actually one of my favorite pictures from my photo tour of lower New Orleans. :D

IMG_1057.jpg

^I'm starting to get tired of photobucket shrinking my photos! :w00t: I think I'm going to start hosting my photos with Flickr, though I have an upload limit there.

I posted this photo in the "French Quarter | New Orleans" thread in the Photos section as well.

A New Orleans Fire Department fire truck in Central Station in the French Quarter. Central Station is one of the oldest and most historic fire houses in the state. I think this picture came out pretty well, and it's actually one of my favorite pictures from my photo tour of lower New Orleans. :D

IMG_1057.jpg

^I'm starting to get tired of photobucket shrinking my photos! :w00t: I think I'm going to start hosting my photos with Flickr, though I have an upload limit there.

I've started posting a few pictures at flickr but I haven't noticed they have a limit. Any ideas of what it is? Yeah there are some nice features to photobucket but I don't like them resizing the pics either so I had mainly used image shack. They also have a limit on picture size but you can usually get some pretty decent sized pics in. I haven't noticed a limit on the amount. I'm sure you know I have a lot of pics over on the Arkansas forum and most of them are at image shack. Don't think you'll have to worry about a limit in that aspect there.

^I used ImageShack for a pretty long time, but I started using photobucket because it allowed you to upload as many as 19 pictures at one time, while ImageShack allows one. Flickr gives you a monthly limit for uploads, unless you are a "pro" member, which costs $25 per year. If you go to your "upload" screen at Flickr, it tells you how much of your limit you have used on the left side of the screen.

What beautiful weather we're having in SE Louisiana. ;)

img12954wc.jpg

Impressive stuff! It looks practically black and white (like it was made with B&W film). The colors complement each other almost perfectly.

BTW: I've got another pic from Atlanta that mentions New Orleans in it. Mind if I post somewhere like here?

Impressive stuff! It looks practically black and white (like it was made with B&W film). The colors complement each other almost perfectly.

BTW: I've got another pic from Atlanta that mentions New Orleans in it. Mind if I post somewhere like here?

Haha yea the weather is pretty dull around here, dull being a major understatement. :lol:

Oh no IC, please post it! :D

^Okay then, I will, NCB :)

The Kind of Coffee New Orleans Loves

67299780_6afdf82e4c_o.jpg

One of the special Atlantic Station (in Atlanta) Transit Shuttle buses.

This one is kind of a fluke because I never lifted the camera to my eye to focus on it. It was dangling from its straps over my stomach and I just pointed it at the bus from there and clicked the button.

Edited by ironchapman

^Okay then, I will, NCB :)

The Kind of Coffee New Orleans Loves

67299780_6afdf82e4c_o.jpg

One of the special Atlantic Station (in Atlanta) Transit Shuttle buses.

This one is kind of a fluke because I never lifted the camera to my eye to focus on it. It was dangling from its straps over my stomach and I just pointed it at the bus from there and clicked the button.

PJ's Coffee! Now thats the stuff!

I love PJ's,(I guess the bus is right :P ) I'm glad to see another New Orleans born company doing well for itself. They are all over the south now.

Great camera light art, NCB! How'd you make it?

I just decided to go outside with the camera and the idea popped into my head. I zoomed in on the security lights up on the poles in the neighborhood, set the camera on a slow shutter speed, and just held it in my hands and moved it in different directions to see what I could come up with. :D I think the result was pretty cool.

IC said earlier that the picture of our weather here in SE Louisiana looked like it had been taken in black and white, so I decided to experiment this morning. :D

This picture was taken in color:

IMG_1353.jpg

This picture was taken in black and white:

IMG_1354.jpg

^Shows you just how dull our weather is around here. ;)