Louisiana | Photo of the Day

NCB

^It varies...and I can tell you that just based on walking past the clubs. Generally in the Quarter(just like in life) you get what you pay for. The cheap clubs and bars are usually cheap for a reason, and the same goes for the more pricey stuff. Well...from what I hear at least. No first hand experience here! :scared:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all my Louisiana friends! I'm sitting along Interstate 81 (not literally, but you know) in Roanoke, VA and decided to stop in and wish all of you a great, safe, and eventful Mardi Gras. I'm not entirely sure when I'll be able to get back on, but in the meantime, here are some photos of some things in northeast Tennessee and southwest Virginia that we don't see in Louisiana: :thumbsup:

DSC_0119border.jpg

DSC_0140border.jpg

DSC_0232border.jpg

DSC_0237border_.jpg

And something that you'll only find in three Louisiana locations, none of which are in any major urban areas:

DSC_0199border.jpg

C'mon Hardees! Bring more of those charbroiled thickburgers down to Louisiana! And bring your curly fries, too! ;)

See you folks later!

^ Really nice pics Nate :thumbsup: I had the privilage of driving thru there in route to Washington DC. What a beautiful ride it was! Sometimes it felt like a cool video racing game in the mountains.

High-rise cranes rising-up in the BR southern CBD. II City Plaza(right); New Courthouse(left) were the basement being dug-out.

feb08004cs1.jpg

Thanks, guys! I was very happy with the way that shot turned out. :thumbsup:

I'm back in New Orleans and I now have to sort through the 1,351 photos I took throughout my trip to D.C., hundreds of which came from the cities and nature between Washington and NOLA. Looking forward to posting them soon!

Actually, Brian, that's the big castle at Disney Land. Almost! ;)

Here's a shot of the Marriot on Canal Street in New Orleans' CBD. At 449 feet, it is the city's second tallest hotel:

2206764985_e7af5aaf0e_b.jpg

Oh that castle is at Disneyland and not Disney World? Oh... oops. ;) I've only seen it in photos, but I grew up a poor child and never got to go. I will be taking my children... every child should go to one of the Disney parks at least once, right?

Nagin: I'm So Hood :lol:

large_nagin.riley.JPG

That's funny.

• 1 month later...

Great capture by your brother, Richy! I've been on that landing approach to Armstrong Intl many times, and it's always cool to fly right along the Causeway and then have a great view of the Metairie skyline with New Orleans' skyline right behind it. It's a great angle at night as well. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Great shots, Richy! I drove through Baton Rouge on Thursday, and it was really cool to see the cranes downtown. I headed up I-110 for the first time in many years and got to see much more of the city than the usual stuff along and between I-10/12. I don't know about you, or other folks from BR, but I definately prefer the I-110 view of the skyline over the I-10 view. Coming into the city on 10, the skyline pops up out of nowhere before you head to the 10/110 split, and you get a great view as you continue up the bridge on I-10, but then it's gone as quickly as it came. Coming back into the city on 110, however, you seem to be driving into the skyline for many miles, with the Capitol popping up over the trees. And then once you get into the city, you're riding alongside the skyline for quite some time and get some great views of the downtown streets, much like you experience with I-10 going through the CBD in New Orleans. I wish more non-Louisianians could get that view of BR as they rode through the city on I-10.