Louisiana | Photo of the Day

NCB

Thanks Nate! The compliments are always appreciated! Interesting perspective you gave! The I-110 skyline view is nicer than the I-10 view. :shades: Hard to find a good spot to take a pic from around there. No doubt the cranes are creating a buzz in downtown BR. I hope they continue to fil up some of those dreaded surface parking lots in the CBD.

The newest... Beinville state building; 1/2 of the Gateway to the Capitol Park complex

32608038zh0.jpg

Relying to your BR Post; just got lucky with the lighting and angle of this pic I guess; but I did get a new camera last week I can't wait you use hopefully soon! :thumbsup:

The cranes in downtown Baton Rouge....

(left) the new Courthouse behind the RiverCenter parking garage finished basement, now going vertical;

(front, right) II City Plaza "barely" visible(working on 10th floor) behind City Plaza; in front of the tip of the State Capitol

41308003co6.jpg

That's definitely a different angle. The cranes look stellar... I love it. The most I've ever seen going here at once is 2 and that was awesome. I can imagine how cool it is driving through downtown and seeing 3 at a time. :)

I'll come back here later and add a photo. Not urban in nature, but historical Louisiana.

^Thanks, glad yall liked it! One of those cranes is for just a parking garage though.

Cool stuff Brian! Really like the throwback-looking pic! Good to have something with a different and interesting twist. Those dudes really stand out with the smoke in the background! :thumbsup:

I wanted to post another pic of downtown BR from the I-10 Missisippi River Bridge, but was not happy with how it turned out. I waited too long, thought the camera was already on. :whistling:

Edited by richyb83

^Thanks, glad yall liked it! One of those cranes is for just a parking garage though.

Cool stuff Brian! Really like the throwback-looking pic! Good to have something with a different and interesting twist. Those dudes really stand out with the smoke in the background! :thumbsup:

I wanted to post another pic of downtown BR from the I-10 Missisippi River Bridge, but was not happy with how it turned out. I waited too long, thought the camera was already on. :whistling:

Richy, thanks for the comment. :) And to the parking garage issue... it still looks cool to see 3 cranes. :)

Also, Richy, here's a piece of advice for you on your camera. Most, if not all, cameras (at least digital) have a hibernate function. This means you can keep the camera turned on, and after a certain number of minutes, it will send itself into a mode where it's not off, but it's not using battery power. This allows for you to justg pick up the camera and use it. As soon as you press the shutter button you should see the camera "wake up." Check the settings on your camera, but chances are that mode is already enabled. This will allow you to keep your camera on while driving around so that you never miss the shot you wanted. Quite often I will forget to turn my cameras off, only to discover this fact days later. But no worries, I've still got a full battery, because the camera went into hibernate mode and the batteries didn't drain.

Thanks Nate! The compliments are always appreciated! Interesting perspective you gave! The I-110 skyline view is nicer than the I-10 view. :shades: Hard to find a good spot to take a pic from around there. No doubt the cranes are creating a buzz in downtown BR. I hope they continue to fil up some of those dreaded surface parking lots in the CBD.

The newest... Beinville state building; 1/2 of the Gateway to the Capitol Park complex

32608038zh0.jpg

Relying to your BR Post; just got lucky with the lighting and angle of this pic I guess; but I did get a new camera last week I can't wait you use hopefully soon! :thumbsup:

a great looking building!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, sorry about my absence over the past 1-2 weeks. I was having some major internet problems which basically shut my DSL down for the last 10 days.

Anyway, here's a shot from this evening, taken out on Lake Ponchartrain:

DSC_0001.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A night shot of downtown New Orleans from 10 floors above Canal Street:

DSC_0054border.jpg

I really liked the way the Hibernia Bank Tower's crown was lit that night. In terms of lighting, I guess it's New Orleans' version of the Empire State Building, as its lighting rotates between white, yellow, green, red, and blue on normal nights, and has special lighting patterns for important federal holidays, Mardi Gras, and to celebrate the Hornets or Saints.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The cranes in downtown Baton Rouge....

(left) the new Courthouse behind the RiverCenter parking garage finished basement, now going vertical;

(front, right) II City Plaza "barely" visible(working on 10th floor) behind City Plaza; in front of the tip of the State Capitol

41308003co6.jpg

You guys have a Chevron station downtown? We don't have a single downtown gas station anymore... it's something we need again. Someone had proposed a large one with 6 franchise restaurants in it a few years ago but nothing ever became of it. Bummer.

Hello from Atlanta!

dsc0073hn3.jpg

Hello. Wish I was there. Anywhere but Louisiana right now.

Yeah Brian; that's downtown BR's only gas station. Crazy now that I think about it; you'd think downtown's would have more.

I did not know we could post out-of-state shots in the Louisiana thread. lol I would have posted a Houston pic from last month.

Very impressive street level shot of the BoA Nate!! :camera: I have started some arguments(oops) about that tower having the title "South's Tallest"; JMO that the Chase Tower in Houston is much taller bec. of the highest "floor-level". Just bec. BoA added a iron pyramid-cage/oblisk makes it tallest?? :rolleyes: Another example: Mobile's RSA Tower now claiming to be the Gulf-Coast Tallest between Houston & Miami when NOLA's Shell Plaza is much taller IMO.

houston022xg7.jpg

I have posted a few of my pics in the Houston thread; but those forums dead over there <_<

Edited by richyb83

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...