Louisiana | Photo of the Day

NCB

Since we've been talking about Canal Place and the Wyndham alot lately, I thought this picture would be a good fit. :thumbsup:

IMG_2595.jpg

Now there's a shot I didn't think to get! I really like the view of Canal Place from Canal Street. I like the design of the building with the diagonal "braces." Do you know what I'm talking about? I feel like I'm probably not describing that in the best way.

Now there's a shot I didn't think to get! I really like the view of Canal Place from Canal Street. I like the design of the building with the diagonal "braces." Do you know what I'm talking about? I feel like I'm probably not describing that in the best way.

Are you talking about this view and design?

IMG_1071.jpg

Are you talking about this view and design?

IMG_1071.jpg

Yes and No. Yes, the view from Canal, but not that portion of the building. While I like the entire building, down low I believe there are some diagonal members that appear to be holding up the top floors, whereas I believe them to be merely an extra aesthetic touch.

I'll check my collection, because I do believe I captured a shot of that view. I may even have the wrong building altogether, but I believe it's Canal Place.

^I hope your able to find a picture, because now I'm interested to see what you're talking about. I'm in Canal Place multiple times per week, so I probably know exactly what you're talking about, but I just can't come up with it.

I posted this one over in the Photo of the Day thread in the Photos forum, and I thought I'd post it here too. :D

A shot of a small part of the New Orleans skyline. Taken from the end of the Riverfront Streetcar Line, downriver from the CBD.

IMG_2530.jpg

^I hope your able to find a picture, because now I'm interested to see what you're talking about. I'm in Canal Place multiple times per week, so I probably know exactly what you're talking about, but I just can't come up with it.

Sorry, dude, I forgot all about it.

I don't have time to upload it to my Picture Trail account as I'm on my way out the door, so I'm just going to clip it on here as an attachment. In this view you will see the diagonal "brace" look I was talking about.

post-9805-1146866499_thumb.jpg

^Ah, I knew this is how it would turn out! I know exactly what your talking about, and I was going to upload a picture I have showing those braces, but I thought "nah, that's not what he's talking about." :lol:

I posted this one over in the Photo of the Day thread in the Photos forum, and I thought I'd post it here too. :D

A shot of a small part of the New Orleans skyline. Taken from the end of the Riverfront Streetcar Line, downriver from the CBD.

IMG_2530.jpg

Hey, there's that now-famous blue/yellow streetcar! :)

Oh... and great shot. Look at all that track right there. Very cool.

Yep, it's trying to hide over there behind the green Saint Charles Avenue streetcars! ;)

It's not working. That poor ugly duckling sticks out like a sore thumb. Mind you I was just saying that as symbolism... I really don't think it's ugly, but it is ugly when stuck beside the absolutely gorgeous St. Charles cars!!!

It's not working. That poor ugly duckling sticks out like a sore thumb. Mind you I was just saying that as symbolism... I really don't think it's ugly, but it is ugly when stuck beside the absolutely gorgeous St. Charles cars!!!

Haha yea, It's not doing a very good job of hiding! ;)

Here's a shot of the Mandeville lakefront on Lake Ponchartrain. A bit further down is the marina, and on the opposite side of the Causeway is where more of the lakefront houses and condo's are located. I have a feeling this view will look very different in 10 years or so.

IMG_2655.jpg

An old abandoned building in the parking lot across from Canal Place

IMG_2558.jpg

Very interesting. Looks like the windows have been bricked over...

By the way, good to see you back over here, Rod. Not to get too off-topic here, but wasn't it you who posted the Mill District at night photo in the NWA forum? That was a cool pic.

Very interesting. Looks like the windows have been bricked over...

By the way, good to see you back over here, Rod. Not to get too off-topic here, but wasn't it you who posted the Mill District at night photo in the NWA forum? That was a cool pic.

Yep that was me. I wondered if you guys ever noticed my pics in the NWA Pic o' the Day. I know it's easier to look at the main forum and there's more to pertain to you guys there. Nice to be back also. I was away all weekend. Going to be away this weekend as well. Hoping I might get a few pics of Little Rock as well this coming weekend. Oh but back to the pic, I was thinking it was an old doorway not a window. Maybe there used to be a fire escape that's not there anymore.

Edited by Mith242