Louisiana | Photo of the Day

NCB

Yep that was me. I wondered if you guys ever noticed my pics in the NWA Pic o' the Day. I know it's easier to look at the main forum and there's more to pertain to you guys there. Nice to be back also. I was away all weekend. Going to be away this weekend as well. Hoping I might get a few pics of Little Rock as well this coming weekend. Oh but back to the pic, I was thinking it was an old doorway not a window. Maybe there used to be a fire escape that's not there anymore.

Man, I guess I should be posting responses in that thread! I don't know why, but I've always mostly just looked at the photos and then moved on. Got to break myself of that habit, but yes, I can say that I do notice most of the photos in those threads over there. As much as you post responses to our photos, I really can't believe I just look and dash!!

Oh and you may be right. I was debating between windows and openings, as in the openings in the side of a parking garage. Many older parking garages were actually relatively small buildings. But who knows... maybe Nate can give us some insight if he knows anything about that building.

Man, I guess I should be posting responses in that thread! I don't know why, but I've always mostly just looked at the photos and then moved on. Got to break myself of that habit, but yes, I can say that I do notice most of the photos in those threads over there. As much as you post responses to our photos, I really can't believe I just look and dash!!

Oh and you may be right. I was debating between windows and openings, as in the openings in the side of a parking garage. Many older parking garages were actually relatively small buildings. But who knows... maybe Nate can give us some insight if he knows anything about that building.

I admit I've done that a lot before too. But then there are times I wonder what people think of my pictures. Sometimes I was trying to figure out if people were getting tired of them or what. :lol: But I think since I just keep posting so many people stopped commenting all the time. But anyway I remember times where pics weren't always easy to find here on UP. So I figure I should try to comment so that others don't feel like nobody cares.

I admit I've done that a lot before too. But then there are times I wonder what people think of my pictures. Sometimes I was trying to figure out if people were getting tired of them or what. :lol: But I think since I just keep posting so many people stopped commenting all the time. But anyway I remember times where pics weren't always easy to find here on UP. So I figure I should try to comment so that others don't feel like nobody cares.

No way! I don't think anyone could get tired of your pictures. You take good photos and are generous enough to share them with everyone.

Besides, that's what the "pictures" threads are for anyway. :D

By the way, this may seem like a random, off-the-wall request, but will someone please make a screen capture of this post showing my avatar and all? Please post it here for me. This computer sucks so bad, I can clear my cache all day long and it still will not update for days!! I'd like to see how my new avatar looks in my posts, but otherwise I won't be able to until I get to work tomorrow. Thanks in advance!!

By the way, this may seem like a random, off-the-wall request, but will someone please make a screen capture of this post showing my avatar and all? Please post it here for me. This computer sucks so bad, I can clear my cache all day long and it still will not update for days!! I'd like to see how my new avatar looks in my posts, but otherwise I won't be able to until I get to work tomorrow. Thanks in advance!!

Sorry I didn't see this earlier, Brian! I can't upload the file from a print screen image to any photo hosting website without the image being resized to something way to small to read. <_<

Sorry I didn't see this earlier, Brian! I can't upload the file from a print screen image to any photo hosting website without the image being resized to something way to small to read. <_<

What about just saving it to your hard drive and posting it as an attachment? That way when I click it, it'll go full-size.

This computer pisses me off! :(

Hard Rock Cafe New Orleans :D

IMG_2591.jpg

Hmmm. I can see everyone in that photo except the photographer. What's the matter, Nate, you skeered to show us what you look like? I haven't seen you post a picture in the 'introduce yourself' forum either. I posted a more recent one of myself, I believe it was on Friday. Actually everyone on here should show the rest of us what we look like!! I can't be the only sucker around here to fall for that, can I??

By the way, cool pic. I've seen the Hard Rock down there but haven't been to it. The only ones I've been to are the ones in Chicago and Dallas.

Hmmm. I can see everyone in that photo except the photographer. What's the matter, Nate, you skeered to show us what you look like? I haven't seen you post a picture in the 'introduce yourself' forum either. I posted a more recent one of myself, I believe it was on Friday. Actually everyone on here should show the rest of us what we look like!! I can't be the only sucker around here to fall for that, can I??

I didn't even think about that. I took the picture as I was moving past the sign, and got the shot to the side of it.

And yea, I think you were the only sucket to fall for that one! ;)

Here's one of my shots from the French Quarter that I really liked for some reason.

IMG_2412.jpg

Ooh, ooh, I know the answer! Pick me, pick me!!

Seriously, I think this photo, aside from being a crystal clear shot, shows the true character of the Quarter. It shows the architecture, the people, the activity (vehicles,) and gives an overall sense of normalcy to a city that has been anything but normal since late last year.

Seriously, I think this photo, aside from being a crystal clear shot, shows the true character of the Quarter. It shows the architecture, the people, the activity (vehicles,) and gives an overall sense of normalcy to a city that has been anything but normal since late last year.

Very good Mr. Brian!

Yep, thats the 650+ foot Bank One Center, or Place St. Charles, or whatever it is called now.

Bank One... that would probably be Chase now. Just FYI since you were unsure what it's called now. Our Bank One Tower is now a Chase Tower, so yours likely is as well. Lots of banks changing hands: Bank One-Chase, Hibernia-Capital One, who's next? I never thought I'd be banking with Capital One.

Anyway, awesome photo. I love that building, and of course I love the older buildings as well.

Bank One... that would probably be Chase now. Just FYI since you were unsure what it's called now. Our Bank One Tower is now a Chase Tower, so yours likely is as well.

Actually, I had never heard any plans to change the name of the tower to Chase. Since Bank One was bought out, the name never changed, and eventually, the name was changed back to Place Saint Charles. The skyscrapers named "Bank One Center" have kept the name in Houston, Dallas, Chicago, and Charleston as well.

Anyway, here is a close-up photo of the tower; definately one of New Orleans' nicest.

Place_St_Charles.jpg

Actually, I had never heard any plans to change the name of the tower to Chase. Since Bank One was bought out, the name never changed, and eventually, the name was changed back to Place Saint Charles. The skyscrapers named "Bank One Center" have kept the name in Houston, Dallas, Chicago, and Charleston as well.

Anyway, here is a close-up photo of the tower; definately one of New Orleans' nicest.

Place_St_Charles.jpg

All of our Bank One locations, including Bank One Tower downtown, all changed to Chase after the buyout. I wonder why not all Bank One buildings have changed names. Weird.

Either way, it's definitely a nice building.