Louisiana | Photo of the Day

NCB

^I live on a large hill looking over the surrounding area, so the main obstacle for me is tress in the distance. It seemed like whenever I was using my cell phone camera, which doesn't take particularly good quality pictures, there was a great sunset or sunrise. And now that I have gotten the S2, the recent sunsets and sunrises haven't been very good. :lol:

^I live on a large hill looking over the surrounding area, so the main obstacle for me is tress in the distance. It seemed like whenever I was using my cell phone camera, which doesn't take particularly good quality pictures, there was a great sunset or sunrise. And now that I have gotten the S2, the recent sunsets and sunrises haven't been very good. :lol:

Of course it always works out that way. :lol:

Here are a few random shots from this evening. I was mostly experimenting with my camera. :D

A shot of the moon through the clouds

IMG_0737.jpg

The evening clouds and part of the sunset

IMG_0733.jpg

The nealry 100 year old wateroak that I have posted so many times, which is a great symbol of the strength of the people down here. It was batered and beaten, but never gave up. :thumbsup:

IMG_0731.jpg

And a final shot of part of the sunset through the trees. As I look at this picture, I really see those 5 megapixels at work. :D Though I would have rather had the tree and sunset evenly exposed, rather than alot of focus on the tree, and a blurry sunset.

IMG_0730.jpg

Edited by NCB

Here is a picture of one of my many piles of Katrina tree debris, that I used as an object to take pictures and expiremt with my camera. This picture was taken at around 3:30 p.m., so it was still very light outside, but due to the low aperature setting and flash, it turned out like this.

IMG_0749.jpg

Edited by NCB

^They needed something bigger. And governor Huey Long wanted somthing bigger and bolder, and as a result, Louisiana went away from the normal types of domed capitols(even though the old capitol castle building was far from normal) and built the country's tallest state capitol building.

Edited by NCB

^They needed something bigger. And governor Huey Long wanted somthing bigger and bolder, and as a result, Louisiana went away from the normal types of domed capitols(even though the old capitol castle building was far from normal) and built the country's tallest state capitol building.

Well both are very interesting state buildings.

Nate you planning any trips to test out your camera some more in the near future?

Yep.

I may be going around downtown Covington tommorow, and I am planning on spending next Saturday in New Orleans with my camera. :D Expect a lot of pictures in the next few weeks!

<I guess I'm a town now! :D

Yep.

I may be going around downtown Covington tommorow, and I am planning on spending next Saturday in New Orleans with my camera. :D Expect a lot of pictures in the next few weeks!

<I guess I'm a town now! :D

I'm looking forward to your pics. And congrats on your 2500 posts. I knew you were getting close. :D