Louisiana | Photo of the Day

NCB

I"m looking forward to those pictures, Brian!

And BTW, I love the new avatar. :lol:

I'm hoping it works out. We have company supposed to be coming in from out of town. Even if they didn't make it, we'd probably go down there anyway. We were supposed to have company today from out of town, but she cancelled. The friends we're expecting next weekend have never cancelled before, so we expect them to be here.

Anyway, thanks. As I was explaining to Rod, my old avatar all over the internet was similar to this and I really like this style.

While I was at LSU, I heard some lady giving a tour say thjat Lsu was worth more (in $) than Nachitoches. But she was a distance away, so I might have misunderstood.

Really? I guess that doesn't really suprise me. The entire LSU "empire" is worth some serious cash, I mean just think about everything they own and run.

It'd be cool if that really was his hair color. :lol: But seriously, I'm looking forward to your pics. Seeing the town on that PBS show has gotten me even more interested.

Came damn close in high school.

Actually, one of my friends' hair was a similar color once in high school. He was suspended many times for "unnatural" hair colors. :whistling:

He would have never lasted in Denham Springs. There school system is very stict. One piece of gum. Detention. One bad word. Suspencion. One Advil. Expulsion. Well, maybe not that bad, but they don't play. :stop: And the city is also a little racist.

Edited by dan326

He would have never lasted in Denham Springs. There school system is very stict. One piece of gum. Detention. One bad word. Suspencion. One Advil. Expulsion. Well, maybe not that bad, but they don't play. :stop:

No doubt! My co-worker's son goes to school in Denham Springs and he was recently showing us the school handbook. It's VERY strict.

And yes, Nate, I almost died my hair... not really teal... but pretty blue. I did have a deep black since I was a Type O Negative fan.

Ahhh... I SO love Black No. 1... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aAJ2KV8F_M

He would have made it pretty easily in the Orleans Parish School System. Dying your hair a different color is basically not even noticed by any teachers or faculty. I went to private schools growing up in New Orleans, but had many friends in the Orleans Parish school's and there really seems to be no discipline at all, which is another reason that school district is one of the worst in the country in many categories.

Here's a shot looking down Loyola Avenue in downtown New Orleans:

img3557border.jpg

BTW, I'm pretty sure that statue is dedicated to all Spanish War Veterans. I've seen nearly identical statues in a few other cities, as well as outside of Arlington National Cemetery.

Awesome photo, Nate. I haven't been over to the 'Southern Photos of the Day' thread yet, so did you already answer the question about who that statue is of in particular?? Or is it just supposed to be some anonymous soldier?

Anyway, good news... I'm going through the 231 photos I took this afternoon in downtown Shreveport. The quality seems awesome, so I'm hoping for plenty of good ones to share here... to get a little more SBC back in here. :D

Awesome photo, Nate. I haven't been over to the 'Southern Photos of the Day' thread yet, so did you already answer the question about who that statue is of in particular?? Or is it just supposed to be some anonymous soldier?

Thanks man! And as for the statue, here's what I wrote under the picture:

BTW, I'm pretty sure that statue is dedicated to all Spanish War Veterans. I've seen nearly identical statues in a few other cities, as well as outside of Arlington National Cemetery.

And great to hear that you've got some new pictures from around Shreveport! I'm planning on taking a photo tour of New Orleans again next Saturday, so I should have plenty of new pictures from my area to post as well. :thumbsup:

Thanks man! And as for the statue, here's what I wrote under the picture:

*quote not copied*

And great to hear that you've got some new pictures from around Shreveport! I'm planning on taking a photo tour of New Orleans again next Saturday, so I should have plenty of new pictures from my area to post as well. :thumbsup:

Sorry, I noticed the picture and not the text. Hence the reason I hate books with lots of words but LOVE picture books!! :D

Yeah I got plenty of pictures but now I'm seeing that I either had a couple of tiny smudges or a couple specks of dust on my lens. I never had to worry much about that with my old camera, but with this one it's something I've got to be careful about. I keep the lens cap on whenever it's not in use, but stuff happens I guess. Once I've shrunken my photos a bit for online use, the smudges or dust really shouldn't show up much, but it really bothers me looking at in the huge size.

Yeah I got plenty of pictures but now I'm seeing that I either had a couple of tiny smudges or a couple specks of dust on my lens. I never had to worry much about that with my old camera, but with this one it's something I've got to be careful about. I keep the lens cap on whenever it's not in use, but stuff happens I guess. Once I've shrunken my photos a bit for online use, the smudges or dust really shouldn't show up much, but it really bothers me looking at in the huge size.

That always gets on my nerves too, especially when you take your photos in the largest possible size. I always carry a lens pen with me when I'm out with my camera, and every few minutes I just check the lens, and if I need to clean it, I can wipe any dust off and buff fingerprints and smudge's off.

That always gets on my nerves too, especially when you take your photos in the largest possible size. I always carry a lens pen with me when I'm out with my camera, and every few minutes I just check the lens, and if I need to clean it, I can wipe any dust off and buff fingerprints and smudge's off.

I'm going to get one of those. Where did you get yours? I bet Dee's Photo will have one.