Louisiana | Photo of the Day

NCB

How about a few pictures for today from Shreveport?

Wait...you mean this isn't the New Orleans photo of the day thread? :huh:

Cool photos, Brian, I like the look of that old warehouse. Kind of a semi- industrial grit look. :thumbsup:

Alright guys, I'll be out for the majority of the day tommorow, as I'll be on another "photo tour" of New Orleans. :thumbsup: I'm hoping to cover some serious ground tommorow, the French Quarter, Riverfront, Warehouse District, downtown, Crescent City Connection/cruise ship terminal area, and maybe even Algiers Point if I can catch the ferry across. I'm also hoping for some nice weather tommorow, with no rain until I'm finished. :D

And if Brian is able to get some photos from Natchitoches this weekend, there should be plenty of pictures of Louisiana's two oldest settlements on the forum soon. :thumbsup:

An alley in the part of New Orleans where the French Quarter and downtown begin to merge:

FrenchQuarterAlley.jpg

I still love this photo, Nate. You know, earlier today I was playing a game online where you walk around the streets of a European city and kill monsters. Well, the monsters are cartoons but the actual city is real and you're moving around real city streets with cars whizzing by and everything. But anyway, the city in the game reminded me so much of New Orleans it was crazy.

Awesome, man!

Yes sir, Nate, you're correct. And I'm hoping to get some good photos of Natchitoches. We'll have out-of-town friends with us, so there will be some distraction, but I think it will all work out. Also expect lots of pictures of alligators as that will be half of the focus of my trip. :D

Anyway, here's my contribution for today. Since it's 12:08 am on Saturday, July 29, this photo will have to suffice for the entire day. :D

The railroad bridge spanning the Red River into downtown Shreveport. In the foreground is the terraced seating for the amphitheater at Riverfront Park. Those who didn't realize there was an amphitheater there, don't fret... the stage/shell setup is only in place when a concert is being held. The rest of the time it's just a gorgeous city park with a terraced lawn. :D

171717247.jpg

Very nice there Brian. :thumbsup:

I like the terraced amphitheatre and the bricks supporting the tressel.

Thanks, man. I like the blocks on the bridge as well. Here are a couple more photos I took of that bridge.

A close-up of the blocks and some of the gears that turn the bridge when large vessels pass through...

172190720.jpg

Looking down a span of the bridge from underneath...

172190701.jpg

Another close-up shot of the bridge...

172190715.jpg

Edited by SBCmetroguy

Great shot Nate. Did you set your alarm clock that early to take that ? Proof sunrises are as pretty as sunsets. :thumbsup:

Thanks, Richy! And yea, I rolled my butt out of bed at 4:00 in the morning to get across the lake and into New Orleans at around 5:45, just in time to see the sunrise over the river from the Canal Place parking garage. :thumbsup:

^ Great shot Brian. :shades: Definitly one of a kind pic for sure ! Thanks for posting. :thumbsup: Those gators look happy and hungry too. I wish they would not have killed the gator at University Lake, he could be chillin' with these dudes in the pic.

Edited by richyb83

^ Great shot Brian. :shades: Definitly one of a kind pic for sure ! Thanks for posting. :thumbsup: Those gators look happy and hungry too. I wish they would not have killed the gator at University Lake, he could be chillin' with these dudes in the pic.

Not a one of a kind for me! :D I've got TONS of pics very similar to this from earlier in the day. This was part of the feeding show at Bayou Pierre Alligator Park in Natchitoches. I try to make it down there at least once every single Summer, especially in late July or early August. When it's sweltering outside, that's when they're most active.

If I ever get back over to the Louisiana Purchase State Park up here in Arkansas I'll take a pic for you.. It marks where the land survey for the Louisiana Purchase started. But it's a pretty out of the way area out in the middle of nowhere. You have to go on a 1000 ft boardwalk through a swamp to see the old stone marker.

By the way how was the trip?

Edited by Mith242