Louisiana | Photo of the Day

NCB

It has some decent height, but it's not that tall. At 360 feet it's the 15th tallest building in New Orleans.

Geez, I really thought it was taller than that from these photos. So it's 4 feet shorter than Shreveport's tallest building (364 feet.) By New Orleans standards it's short, but by Shreveport standards it's tall. It actually has 4 more floors than Shreveport's tallest, though. Interesting how standards vary by city, depending on the city's skyline height. What's tall in Shreveport is short in New Orleans, what's tall in New Orleans is short in New York. Speaking of New York, while not a huge fan of their skyline overall, I'd still love to visit that city someday.

Is that the famous bend that gives New Orleans its crescent shape?

Well the entire river itself gives New Orleans its crescent shape, but that specific bend brought the now famous nickname "The Crescent City" to New Orleans. :D Many people think that New Orleans recieved that nickname due to the crescent shape of the entire city, but that is not the case. The nickame refers to that bend in the river, and the immediate area around it.

Awesome picture, Richy! The capitol really does look great from any angle in just about any condition. :thumbsup:

You should post some of these in the Baton Rouge Photo of the Day thread, so we can get it back up and running again. :D

New Orleans definitely has a Top 20 U.S. Skyline if I had to rank them. Top 5 in the South :thumbsup:

Yeah I have heard about NO East, sad. :(

Is the New Orleans Photo of the Day also the Louisiana Photo of the Day? I will soon post again on BR Photo of the Day. But it only gets 1/3 the exposure La.Photo of the Day does.

Is the New Orleans Photo of the Day also the Louisiana Photo of the Day? I will soon post again on BR Photo of the Day. But it only gets 1/3 the exposure La.Photo of the Day does.

I just never really felt it was necessary to make a New Orleans photo of the day thread, as it would be filled with pretty much the same stuff as this thread. And as for the Baton Rouge photo of the Day thread, if we can get it moving again, I'm sure it will get some more exposure! :thumbsup:

Wow. I guess your comments say it all... :(

Some parts of New Orleans East are actually making a nice comeback and are planning on doing things right this time. Other parts however, look just as they did after the floodwaters receded, 11 months ago.