Louisiana | Photo of the Day

NCB

• 2 weeks later...

Photo group of the day, if I may...

I call this photo group "Legend." It's a group of photos I took last year of the grave of a country legend from way back, Johnny Horton. His grave is about halfway between where I grew up and where I live now... at Hillcrest Cemetary... right on the edge where Bossier City and Haughton meet. I just love these photos, because I believe his grave is amazing with his old guitar encased in glass. A fitting tribute to a country legend.

94320792.jpg

94320817.jpg

94320807.jpg

94320842.jpg

Edited by supkof

YOU DA MAN, NCB!! And I really like the clustered skyline view from the Cross Lake Bridge. I always have liked that viewpoint.

This site has gotten me back into my love for photographing my area, so I plan on taking quite a few pictures this weekend. Hopefully I will be able to accomplish that.

By the way, may I "borrow" your two skyline pics from Cross Lake? I'd love to have those saved on my computer with my collection, and since I'm always the driver (I get car sick when riding) I never can take my own photos from that angle. I promise to give you credit if I ever use them for anything!!

Also, the first pic you posted of downtown from Cross Lake has a giant ripple in the water... looks like some of those "Nessie" pics from Loch Ness. You could start your own Cross Lake Monster myth based on that pic. :rofl:

Edited by supkof

By the way, may I "borrow" your two skyline pics from Cross Lake? I'd love to have those saved on my computer with my collection, and since I'm always the driver (I get car sick when riding) I never can take my own photos from that angle. I promise to give you credit if I ever use them for anything!!

Surely! :D

BTW, I'm looking forward to seeing your Shreveport pictures! :thumbsup: