Louisiana | Photo of the Day

NCB

Surely! :D

BTW, I'm looking forward to seeing your Shreveport pictures! :thumbsup:

Well I'm certainly hoping to get some good ones this weekend. I may even try to get close to the set of Sandra Bullock's movie, Premonition, and get some behind the scenes photos. They're filming somewhere in the Highland/South Highland area and probably won't be too hard to find.

^I'm sure they'll be great!

What kind of camera do you use, supkof?

I've just got a Sony Cybershot. I can't remember all the specs of my particular camera, but it works just fine. Only problem is, I SUCK at nighttime photography, and there are some awesome nighttime views I'd love to capture... especially of downtown from the Agurs district/north Shreveport area.

I've got a Canon Powershot S2 IS, which I've had for a few months and am very happy with. I had alot of problems with nightime photography when I first got the camera, but I'm getting much better with managing shutter speed's, aperature settings, etc.

I've got a Canon Powershot S2 IS, which I've had for a few months and am very happy with. I had alot of problems with nightime photography when I first got the camera, but I'm getting much better with managing shutter speed's, aperature settings, etc.

If you know of any good tutorials, feel free to pass 'em along! I tried looking at books at Barnes & Noble, but I just got confused. I consider myself a smart guy, but I had a hard time following along in some of 'em.

^All I did was experiment. It took me awhile to get used to everything, but for me just going out during nightime hours and taking multiple pictures of a single object with different settings and shutter speeds worked out well in the long run. :D

I say the biggest thing you need for night photography is a tripod. Otherwise you're just not going to get a whole lot. If anyone has anymore questions or wanted more specific answers just ask. :D

I actually would like to get a tripod AND a more expensive camera. I remember last time I was down in New Orleans, I was standing in the middle of Canal Stret taking pictures of things with my little hald-held digital camera, and this other guy set up his tripod in the same area. His pictures, I would assume, turned out MUCH better than mine.

I actually would like to get a tripod AND a more expensive camera. I remember last time I was down in New Orleans, I was standing in the middle of Canal Stret taking pictures of things with my little hald-held digital camera, and this other guy set up his tripod in the same area. His pictures, I would assume, turned out MUCH better than mine.

You don't always have to have a real expensive camera to take nice shots. Until recently I had a 3MP Canon. I surprised quite a few people with the shots I got out of it. There are a lot of factores obviously when taking pics but the biggest ones I'll mention is a tripod for night shots and for daytime shots the light. Where the sun is can play a huge role in how well your pic will come out. Unless you're trying to take some sort of special shot always keep the sun behind you as much as possible. As I said earlier feel free to ask any questions. :D

Yeah even if you have rather steady hands you rarely can hold a camera still enough at night to take a good shot. Before I got a tripod I tried little tricks like setting the camera on a flat surface and such. You can also put a rock or something if you need to angle it. But of course a tripod is really the way to go, they aren't expensive really. I think it can be a pain sometimes to take it along with you, especially if you're like me and walk around a lot to take shots but it's still worth it.

^Personally, I prefer New Orleans' skyline over Charlotte's. I really like the Bank of America HQ building in Charlotte, as well as Hearst Tower, but it lacks density and overall size, IMO. New Orleans doesn't have the flashiest or tallest buildings around either, but its got decent size, nice density, and more buildings as well.

Charlotte skyline

8< --- snip --- >8

New Orleans skyline

8< --- snip --- >8

New Orleans DEFINITELY has a dense skyline/downtown area... especially for a city with less than 500,000 people in the city.

I've never really thought about Charlotte's skyline before... it's almost like a larger version of Shreveport's. It's not really dense, and just has a few tall buildings scattered about. Its downtown looks awfully small, too, for such a large city.

New Orleans DEFINITELY has a dense skyline/downtown area... especially for a city with less than 500,000 people in the city.

I've never really thought about Charlotte's skyline before... it's almost like a larger version of Shreveport's.

I agree, and now that I look at it, if you were to take the BOA HQ building and Hearst Tower away from Charlotte's skyline, it would like almost exactly like a slightly larger version of Shreveport's skyline. You can imagine the first picture of Charlotte I posted without those two towers, and see what it looks like to you. :D

You go to HAIF too? Dominax and some of the other guys over there have some cool photos. Dominax usually has cool photos of OKC and Tulsa as well.

You bet I go to HAIF! :thumbsup:

I've been a member over there for nearly a year now. I'm a huge fan of Houston(it's my 2nd favorite major city in the South after New Orleans) and I'm there frequently, so that was the main reason I joined. I'm not very active post-wise, but I read through the forum multiple times per day. :D

I agree, and now that I look at it, if you were to take the BOA HQ building and Hearst Tower away from Charlotte's skyline, it would like almost exactly like a slightly larger version of Shreveport's skyline. You can imagine the first picture of Charlotte I posted without those two towers, and see what it looks like to you. :D

You bet I go to HAIF! :thumbsup:

I've been a member over there for nearly a year now. I'm a huge fan of Houston(it's my 2nd favorite major city in the South after New Orleans) and I'm there frequently, so that was the main reason I joined. I'm not very active post-wise, but I read through the forum multiple times per day. :D

I've posted over there a few times myself, been a member for many months, but mostly I just read. And I don't read every day anymore, but it is a cool place. It sucks trying to rank, because of course Shreveport is my home so it's my #1, but either New Orleans, Houston, or Dallas would be #2 for me. I would probably have to tie all three of those for my #2 southern favorite. I don't get to go to Dallas or Houston often enough, and they both always change SO much between my visits.

So now I know you and I visit UrbanPlanet, HAIF, and SSC... are you my brother from another mother by chance? :D

So now I know you and I visit UrbanPlanet, HAIF, and SSC... are you my brother from another mother by chance? :D

Haha, I don't think so. ;)

But if you visited SSP, HornetsReport.com,(local business and sports forum in New Orleans) and a few of my SEC sports forums as well, I might have to think about it. :D

Haha, I don't think so. ;)

But if you visited SSP, HornetsReport.com,(local business and sports forum in New Orleans) and a few of my SEC sports forums as well, I might have to think about it. :D

I meant SSP not SSC... don't know why I typed that.

Now I'm an SEC fan, so I may have been through some of those forums!! I'm an SEC fan because of my geographical location... I just always have been. But for the past couple of years I've been and Illinois/Big Ten fan... I loves me some Illini.