Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allan

Flint's Airport Traffic Increases 31.4%

7 posts in this topic

Thursday, January 22, 2004

Flint's Bishop Airport hits record

Cheap fares, proximity to Oakland County increase traffic at Genesee airport by 31.4%

Detroit News staff

Fueled in part by Metro Detroit travelers, Flint

I remember reading the same article last year, which is a good thing.

The cleveland version of Flint, the Akron Airport is doing very well also, if you want to drive a few extra miles, you can get to any of the major airports significantly cheaper than if you went through hopkins.

Actually the Flint airport is only about a fifteen minute drive north from my house, as opposed to a 1-1/2 hour drive to Detroit metro, so whenever possible we fly out of Flint. Unfortuantely the fact that it's so close also means that virutally every plane flying in or out of the airport passes directly over my house, which can be very noisy, since they fly so low.

Yeah allan i know we have air force jets and privte planes flying over my house and it's nosiy and scray cuz one day they will crash. Hopefuly i'll be in SD when it happens

Yeah allan i know we have air force jets and privte planes flying over my house and it's nosiy and scray cuz one day they will crash. Hopefuly i'll be in SD when it happens

Hopefully if one does crash it will crash in a field somewhere.

Actually besides hearing planes every few minutes all day long, we also hear trains every 20-30 minutes. I live by a main rail line that heads to Detroit, and every time a train goes by the house shakes. It is something you get used to after a while though.

Actually besides hearing planes every few minutes all day long, we also hear trains every 20-30 minutes.  I live by a main rail line that heads to Detroit, and every time a train goes by the house shakes.  It is something you get used to after a while though.

ok now before you say i'm trying to say we lived kinda in the same area. The land we own this borded on the south side by a train track which leads to Charleston so we get trains ever hour on the hour.

I forgot to mention that we also get noise from nearby I-75. LOL. I never noticed how noisy it was by my house until today when I was actually thinking about it!